+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dr cert for DH after c-sect

Hi guys, has anyone had any experience with asking for dr certificate for DP after a csection?

We have no friends/family support and DH isn't eligible for any paid leave with his company. He's taking a week LWOP but I'm just wondering if I'm struggling whether we could ask the OB or GP for a certificate for him as a carer.

Wanted to suss out on here before I potentially embarrass myself with a stupid question to doc.

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Happyma View Post
    Hi guys, has anyone had any experience with asking for dr certificate for DP after a csection?

We have no friends/family support and DH isn't eligible for any paid leave with his company. He's taking a week LWOP but I'm just wondering if I'm struggling whether we could ask the OB or GP for a certificate for him as a carer.

Wanted to suss out on here before I potentially embarrass myself with a stupid question to doc.

TIA
    We got one for both c-sections from our OB :-) it covered the 6 weeks that I was not supposed to drive for.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not related to dr certs but have you looked into Dad and Partner pay for your DP?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes you can get that. A guy at my work got the full 6 weeks off as carers leave. I'm a solo mum so after my CS my mum took a couple of weeks off to care for me, all covered by a certificate from my ob. He would have given me however long I asked for.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys that helps heaps.
    @Penny88 we'd only be eligible for min. wage which wouldn't cover much. But yeah that was my backup plan

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH was eligible for two weeks parental leave. However, he also got two additional weeks carers leave because I had a c-section.