+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I loved the Game of Thrones series. I wish the author would finish the series!!! So many threads to keep track of, they are all-engrossing books.

At the moment I'm alternating reading books from two different series which I'm finding highly addictive:
    The Rivers of London series by Ben Aaronovitch (I'm reading 5 of 5 books)
    The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan (I've read 2 of 14) - think cross between Game of Thrones and Harry Potter.

The best book I've read in the last few months would have to be The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman - a beautiful but heartbreaking story. I just had to keep reading to find out how it ended.

I also loved Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantell. Gotta love a good historical fiction. The second book Bringing Up the Bodies wasn't quite as good but I'm still looking forward to the third instalment when it's eventually released.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shantaram (Gregory Roberts), Papillon (Henri Charriere), Wuthering Heights (Emily Bronte), Cujo (Stephen King) have all had me hooked. I also read the Hunger Games trilogy in less than a week because it was easy and a cracking story. But the first 4 are ones I really adored.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Off topic again. Im seeing so many good books maybe you guys could recommend me one to start after I finish "The Water Diviner". I need something that I won't want to put down but that when I do (which is alot lol) I can pick it up and not have to go back a page to catch up to where I was again lol. So easy but good reading yeah? Anyway back to topic another one I couldn't put down was a Rizzoli and Isles book. Cant remember the name but it was waaay before they were on TV.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I really liked the mortal instruments series by Cassandra Clare and then the Infernal Devices series by the same author. I think it's marketed more to young adults but it's my favourite genre and it was easy reading. I read the mortal instruments series in a week and the infernal devices series in 4 days (these 4 days were baby free)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Qrazelna View Post
    I really liked the mortal instruments series by Cassandra Clare and then the Infernal Devices series by the same author. I think it's marketed more to young adults but it's my favourite genre and it was easy reading. I read the mortal instruments series in a week and the infernal devices series in 4 days (these 4 days were baby free)
    I hope I don't sound horrible but reading before kids is one of the biggest things I miss. Chilling out in a covered hammock on a rainy day with a blanket and good book was the ultimate for me. Not having to get up for anyone or put my book down to play or get snacks or cook dinner ect.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RaraMum For This Useful Post:

azelqra  (18-03-2015),btmacxxx  (18-03-2015),Cat74  (19-03-2015),FrothyFrog  (18-03-2015),Green Cheese  (18-03-2015),Jensha  (18-03-2015),LaDiDah  (18-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RaraMum View Post
    I hope I don't sound horrible but reading before kids is one of the biggest things I miss. Chilling out in a covered hammock on a rainy day with a blanket and good book was the ultimate for me. Not having to get up for anyone or put my book down to play or get snacks or cook dinner ect.
    Yes yes yes. I get my mum to take DS for a weekend here and there (which is no problem because they absolutely adore each other). I spend 2% of the time doing housework and the rest is reading!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet, but Still Alice was a great read. I couldn't put it down and read it in 1 night.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default What's a book you couldn't put down?

Another one that loves Bryce Courtney books especially Jessica and the one about his son (was it April fools day)

I used to love all of Patricia Cornwell's books about Kay scarpetta but haven't liked the last few ones.

Love true life crime books even though I cry whilst reading half of them.

In the middle of reading Get well soon, really enjoying it.
    Last edited by BabyG4; 18-03-2015 at 11:30.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

M'LadyEm  (18-03-2015)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Ooh! And Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good thread-subbing.