Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That was going to be a question.....when do you put salt and pepper etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluemarlin View Post
    I made a chicken purée in the slow cooker last week. My bub loved it.
    Here is the recipe.
    500g chicken thigh- diced
    I small onion finely chopped
    2 carrots roughly chopped
    4 medium potatoes chopped
    Half a sweet potato chopped
    1 litre chicken stock
    Extra water to cover meat in slow cooker.

Cook for about 5 hours in the slow cooker or until the chicken starts to break down.
    I then just blitzed it with a bamix, and spooned into ice cube trays to freeze
    Would this be suitable for a nearly 7 month old?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep I used homemade stock from a chicken carcass. I don't use salt or pepper at the moment, and my bub is just approaching 7 months and she is eating it happily. Just blitz out all the lumps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    @Elijahs Mum - what do you recommend for constipation? DS was pooping little dry pellets this morning and crying in pain. It all came out this afternoon (all over DH lol!) but constipation is the last thing we need right now with everything else that's going on with him!!

I give him oats made with water and puréed pear for breakfast, I was hoping the pear would help keep constipation at bay.
    Yep I would say high fibre fruits like pear, kiwi and any berries and veggies like broccoli and corn and just hold off on any wheat ( pasta and breads) and rice

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Cue  (17-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Homemade Purée Recipes Please!

Quote Originally Posted by Nafsika View Post
    That was going to be a question.....when do you put salt and pepper etc
    I did Pepper and spices and garlic and ginger straight away from 6 months but I didn't add salt until after 2 and even then only pink salt or sea salt
    Last edited by Elijahs Mum; 17-03-2015 at 20:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Subbing. Running out of ideas for hugo.

I've tried the whole 'our meals' with the bamix does not work

Thanks
    Reviews
    I puree heaps of veg - cauliflower, broccoli, squash, tomato, zucchini, sweet potato etc etc (pretty much everything!). Just steam it and chuck it in the blender. I then freeze in separate portions and then I can mix it up every day so he gets variety. He absolutely loved sweet potato, zucchini and a bit of grated cheese today (he doesn't get much or very often because of salt content but he does love cheese). Tonight he had chicken, tomato and butter bean puree with a bit of dried basil to give it some flavour. He's had tuna mixed with veg as well but haven't done red meat just yet. He has had cottage cheese, and we will be trying a bit of ricotta soon too.

I also steam and blend up heaps of fruit and also freeze - peach, pear, apple, strawberry, and blitz canned fruit eg plums etc. These are great to mix through semolina, plain yoghurt, egg custard (no sugar added) add a bit to weetbix or just give it straight or blend 2 together and give like that.

Womans weekly have a great baby book with heaps of recipes like baby dahl which you can make to give them some flavour and variety. I love cooking for DS! Have fun with it
    Last edited by Pearlygirl; 17-03-2015 at 20:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another one I made is mince and veg purée.

1litre beef Stock
    500g veal and pork mince (whatever you have)
    2 potatoes
    Half a sweet potato
    Parsnip
    Onion-finely diced
    1 tablespoon tomato paste
    Oregano/parsley or Italian herb mix.

I cook the onion and the beef in a large frypan with the herbs.

Add the stock and the Veges, and the tomato paste.
    Simmer on low heat with the lid on and allow all of the veg to start to cook through. It took about 45 min from memory for this to come together, then I blitzed and froze in portions again.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bluemarlin For This Useful Post:

Cue  (17-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearlygirl View Post
    I puree heaps of veg - cauliflower, broccoli, squash, tomato, zucchini, sweet potato etc etc (pretty much everything!). Just steam it and chuck it in the blender. I then freeze in separate portions and then I can mix it up every day so he gets variety. He absolutely loved sweet potato, zucchini and a bit of grated cheese today (he doesn't get much or very often because of salt content but he does love cheese). Tonight he had chicken, tomato and butter bean puree with a bit of dried basil to give it some flavour. He's had tuna mixed with veg as well but haven't done red meat just yet. He has had cottage cheese, and we will be trying a bit of ricotta soon too.

I also steam and blend up heaps of fruit and also freeze - peach, pear, apple, strawberry, and blitz canned fruit eg plums etc. These are great to mix through semolina, plain yoghurt, egg custard (no sugar added) add a bit to weetbix or just give it straight or blend 2 together and give like that.

Womans weekly have a great baby book with heaps of recipes like baby dahl which you can make to give them some flavour and variety. I love cooking for DS! Have fun with it
    DS can't have dairy (although I will challenge the intolerance once he's had a decent amount of time feeling well) so that limits us a little.

I might try one of the chicken meals mentioned here, he's mostly had veggie meals or a bit of beef or lamb. I've got some chickpeas too, maybe I'll make something with those.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh bummer on the dairy. Anything with milk you can substitute with breastmilk or formula but it's a no go on the cheese and yoghurt. I'm starting on the herbs and spices now to add some flavour without the salt. That aww book is great though, has heaps of excellent recipes, mostly all dairy free too