+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Surely only breast milk is paleo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    It actually mixes fairly well. You will find the paleo diet has become quite popular amongst the vegan/vegetarian community just as it has in the main******. A lot of high carb/low fat vegans, whether they be raw, raw til 4, starch based followers, etc tend not to consume legumes and grains as well.
    I know iron can be in many other sources but without having lentils I'd seriously struggle to keep my iron levels up. In fact we went for a while there eating very few legumes and I really noticed a difference. I was so sluggish and just wanted to sleep all the time.

My understanding is that paleo is meant to be reduced/low carbs, no starch etc. I'd have to do more research (which I don't have time to at the moment because I'm meant to be studying lol) but I've been reading a few different thing and while it seems possible it would cut out a lot of the normal protein rich foods in vegetarian and vegan diet and a little tweaking of the rules would have to take place to make it all fit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunkydunks View Post
    I know iron can be in many other sources but without having lentils I'd seriously struggle to keep my iron levels up. In fact we went for a while there eating very few legumes and I really noticed a difference. I was so sluggish and just wanted to sleep all the time.

My understanding is that paleo is meant to be reduced/low carbs, no starch etc. I'd have to do more research (which I don't have time to at the moment because I'm meant to be studying lol) but I've been reading a few different thing and while it seems possible it would cut out a lot of the normal protein rich foods in vegetarian and vegan diet and a little tweaking of the rules would have to take place to make it all fit.
    It's not something i follow. I'm of the high carb/low fat persuasion. Iron levels seem to vary amongst individuals, it's not something i've ever had issues with no matter what my diet consisted of.
    I've just noticed there are fair few paleo vegan/vegetarians amongst a lot of the vego groups of fb, youtube, etc. There is actually a paleo cafe nearby that has a fair few vegan options too.
    It's not something that interests me but can definitely be done. Oh, and i hear you on the should be studying.lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Havent read any replies yet so will probably come back and edit. Dont flame me but what rubbish. Isnt paleo about natural, earthly foods? So whats more natural than breast milk? I didnt breast feed DD so this isnt just some breast is best support (even though I think it is, if you can) but really? Chicken broth? Livers in beef broth? What ****es me off is because people releasing these books are "Iconic" or "on our screens" then it becomes right. The stupid people we meet along the way the believe XYZ about ABC may have a small impact on others opinions but these people have a massive impact. Go paleo but do your damn reserch first And don't put your kids at risk!
    If chicken broth was better for our new borns than breast milk that is what would come out! And again, I didn't breat feed, but I'm sure as **** that was breast milk in there not Breast broth!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RaraMum For This Useful Post:

beebs  (17-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wouldn't take health advice from him. He look so ill these days

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heids89 For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (17-03-2015),Teenz  (18-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I like his other food ideas. But the milk thing is crazy.

What would happen to Kids years ago if they couldn't BF? They would have died? Correct me if I'm wrong.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (17-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post

What would happen to Kids years ago if they couldn't BF? They would have died? Correct me if I'm wrong.
    other people bf the babies I guess

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not read any previous replies...but does anyone else find it amusing how Pete has to eat all the foods he usually wouldn't for MKR?! Wonder what goes through his mind as he puts pasta or cheese into his mouth?! He probably just thinks of the money

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bond Girl For This Useful Post:

Chunkydunks  (17-03-2015),HearMeRoar  (17-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond Girl View Post
    Not read any previous replies...but does anyone else find it amusing how Pete has to eat all the foods he usually wouldn't for MKR?! Wonder what goes through his mind as he puts pasta or cheese into his mouth?! He probably just thinks of the money
    DH and I joke that he has a brown paper bag that he spits out the naughty foods into

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (18-03-2015),Chunkydunks  (17-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post

Wet nurses were common. If you couldn't BF, another lactating woman would do it for you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast