+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Someone told me (and this could be entirely false!) that you should have sex every second day when you're trying because it is often enough that you should still have live sperm when your egg gets to the right place, but not so often that your partner's sperm count is depleted...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I ovulated on CD14 and only had sex on CD9 so yes sperm can stay alive for a while

The advice about only having sex every other day is important if your partner has fertility/sperm issues. If not its best to have sex every day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by babybloom View Post
    thank you. I have a text book 28 day cycle and have been using the cheap ebay ovulation sticks. They have indicated that day 14 is my ovulation time.

Another question I have is: The first day of your period is that day 1 of yoru cycle? or is the next day mean to be day one?
    If you ovulate on day 14 then don't go hammer and tonga from day 10. Save your energy until day 12 then hopefully you can fit in a shag a day until cd 16.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You need to find out when you ovulate first. Not all women ovulate in day 14, even those who have a 28 day cycle!

DH and I have sex about every 3 days, but when we start TTC we might make it every second day or every day around the time I ovulate

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i ovulate anywhere from cd12 to 18 - you need to track your cycles to work out when and go from there

Thanks
    Reviews
    One sperm fertilises the egg, but more than one is needed to see the project through to this completion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ElleDee View Post
    Someone told me (and this could be entirely false!) that you should have sex every second day when you're trying because it is often enough that you should still have live sperm when your egg gets to the right place, but not so often that your partner's sperm count is depleted...
    This is what we do and we became pregnant on the second month of trying both pregnancies. I have the period tracker app and we have s3x every other day based on what my estimated 'fertile' period is plus testing with ovulation sticks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Ted View Post
    One sperm fertilises the egg, but more than one is needed to see the project through to this completion.
    Did you watch that documentary a couple years ago called 'the incredible (or amazing?) human body?' It was on SBS or abc. It showed how once sperm enters the female body our immune system recognizes it as foreign and immediately starts attacking it to kill it. It was a great visual of what's going on in there and it's a war-zone! I can't believe any of us actually get pregnant!

OP the idea of doing it every other day like PP mentioned is that there are usually enough sperm that survived, waiting in hiding, when the egg comes out and travels down. Waiting a day in-between gives your partner enough time to produce plenty more so that you always have some live sperm hanging out inside you waiting to pounce.

It's all a bit gross really.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's called 'The Great Sperm Race', taught me everything I need to know about conception

10. The Following User Says Thank You to pearlsandjandals For This Useful Post:

Kazza78  (18-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    Did you watch that documentary a couple years ago called 'the incredible (or amazing?) human body?' It was on SBS or abc. It showed how once sperm enters the female body our immune system recognizes it as foreign and immediately starts attacking it to kill it. It was a great visual of what's going on in there and it's a war-zone! I can't believe any of us actually get pregnant!

OP the idea of doing it every other day like PP mentioned is that there are usually enough sperm that survived, waiting in hiding, when the egg comes out and travels down. Waiting a day in-between gives your partner enough time to produce plenty more so that you always have some live sperm hanging out inside you waiting to pounce.

It's all a bit gross really.
    Well - we had problems TTC and live with a scientist. I get informed of all the gross things all the time - he finds it all intriguing...like my csection and when my v-jay-jay was stretched to billiow during natural childbirth. Strange creature. And our poor kids will get to hear a multitude of fun facts as they get older too - probably in front of their friends/girl and boy friends.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (18-03-2015)