Closed Thread
Page 79 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Adelaide Hubbers

Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    No dodgy ones. Keswick can be a bit industrial, but also has some nice character homes. Everard Park is good (DH and I lived there for about 3 years)

Plympton prices are going a bit crazy at the moment, very popular. There's a new development (apartments, shops, cafés, restaurants) meant to happen on the corner of Anzac Highway and Marion Road in the next few years so if you can get walking distance to there it's good value.

Glandore, Marleston and Kurralta Park are all great close to town areas that aren't yet booming (only a matter of time in my mind)

I'd say you've chosen some great suburbs there, none are dodgy, I would just stay away from main roads (value wise when it comes time to sell people really hate living on main roads in Adelaide!)

If you see any houses/apartments you like, feel free to PM me and I can let you know what I think.

We are actually offering on a house (land value only) in Edwardstown. There is also a similar development happening there which is expanding on a current shopping centre to add more shops and restaurants etchttp://www.hamessharley.com.au/project/castle-plaza-shopping-centr , so Edwardstown and Ascot Park are good suburbs - but again a few 'uglier' areas within those to stay away from. Not dodgy but again they are suburbs with greater growth and not so great growth within themselves.
    Thanks. We are not looking at houses at this stage for an investment, just apartments.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Thanks. We are not looking at houses at this stage for an investment, just apartments.
    And yeh, I chose these areas because if I think of places in Sydney that have boomed, these are the similar suburbs in Adelaide. Close to city and still do cheap, being close to beach is a bonus as well. I was telling my husband why I had chosen those areas. Kurralta Park seems to have the cheapest but they are all in the same 2 blocks on Anzac hwy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    And yeh, I chose these areas because if I think of places in Sydney that have boomed, these are the similar suburbs in Adelaide. Close to city and still do cheap, being close to beach is a bonus as well. I was telling my husband why I had chosen those areas. Kurralta Park seems to have the cheapest but they are all in the same 2 blocks on Anzac hwy
    We used to live in the townhouses opposite these. Good little units....https://m.realestate.com.au/property...park-119725147 they're on the main road but a driveway goes down the side.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

BigRedV  (27-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    We used to live in the townhouses opposite these. Good little units....https://m.realestate.com.au/property...park-119725147 they're on the main road but a driveway goes down the side.
    I've been looking that one and wondering why it's so cheap

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Adelaide Hubbers

Hi Adelaide friends, I know this isn't a testing group or anything but I've just got my bfp for our first baby! Would love any local tips or recommendations for places to get (affordable) gear, hospitals/birthing centres, etc 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Congratulations!!!! how many weeks are you?

I can definitely recommend the women's and children's hospital if you want to go public. Put your name down for Midwifery group practice as you will get one midwife the entire time who will be at the birth. If you don't get in with them, make all of your midwife appointments as the first appointment of the day. If you try for lunch time etc, you can wait hours to be seen, but morning appointments, there's no one ahead of you so you generally don't wait.

I would stick to target, big w and kmart for baby gear or purchase online. Don't go to baby bunting - their service is rubbish and they only stock expensive brands.

Any other questions, ask away or feel free to PM me

8. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

barefootbabe  (05-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats!! I DO not recommended baby bunting at all terrible service. We got everything from baby junction at magill they were so lovely. It depends what you want (carrier etc). I did a huge lay by. And got the other bits from target, Kmart etc...

Now that I've had two kids I would buy second hand haha!! What area do you live in? You will get zoned for your hospital. You have to call the pregnancy line

10. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barefootbabe View Post
    Hi Adelaide friends, I know this isn't a testing group or anything but I've just got my bfp for our first baby! Would love any local tips or recommendations for places to get (affordable) gear, hospitals/birthing centres, etc 😊
    Congratulations..... Feel welcome to ask or pm also.
    I would stick to the above mentioned.
    Baby bunting do price match, I've saved hundreds with them.
    Where in Adelaide are you?
    Women's and children's are awesome.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Nafsika For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations!
    I can't give any recommendations re public hospital as I had my baby private but as others have said it will depend where you live.
    If you don't mind second hand then there is a regular baby and kids market where people have stalls to sell second hand baby goods. You can find the dates here: http://babykidsmarket.com.au/markets...php?job=ww&s=s
    Also a friend of mine bought very cheap packs of baby clothes on gumtree and eBay. We bought our change table from eBay (brand new) for $85.
    For new stuff keep an eye on target, big w and Kmart especially for clothes and when they have specials (we got our cot on clearance from target online this year for $99!!). Bonds online always have specials too and I've had some good deals from outlet shop for kids online shop too. Babies r us and baby bunting have sales on right now with some good deals and baby bunting will price match for any Australian online price too. Good luck!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Flinders medical center has always been amazing for us. Congrats! X

16. The Following User Says Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post: