Closed Thread
Page 58 of 102 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    I seen this online....Movenpick? Sounds awesome! Thanks and nice and close to our hotel
    Oh yum. I've had their ice cream in cairns. Delicious

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey'sMummy View Post
    We lived there two years, (& in Sydney three years prior).

From a convenience perspective, I still hate that the shops here close at 5 on weekends & don't open til 11 on Sundays.

Restaurants & eateries are so much cheaper, way better quality & way more variety in Melb than in Adelaide.

Better & more markets with better opening hours (prahan, south Melbourne, etc).

More live acts of all kinds go to Melb than here (concerts, pub gigs, musicals, plays).

More art exhibitions etc go to Melb.

There was always *something* happening, something new to do, somewhere new to explore......whereas here back in Adelaide my husband & I always seem to be scratching our heads what to do each weekend - & we always end up at the same playgrounds, or the museum or the zoo with the kids, & that's it. & on date nights for just us, it's always the same restaurants, only cause they're only a handful of ones we actually like here, we always are disappointed with new ones we try here!

I'm struggling with adelaide even more the past 6 months, cause money has been really tight so we've had no "extra" for fun stuff....& all the free activities here in Adelaide seem to be few & far between.
    Have you checked out the play and go website. There are other Adelaide based websites too.
    Festival theatre website has info too.
    Think there have been free sessions on Saturday or Sundays with music by elder park.
    Come out festival starts soon, which is a kids arts festival via Adelaide festival theatre. There is a free day next Saturday or the next one. Will find a link soon, with free popeye, paddle boats and entertainment by elder park.
    Have you checked out bonython park playground? Princess Elizabeth playground? Helicopter park in North Adelaide? St Kilda playground?
    Henley Square is a nice place to hang with kids.
    Will think of some free things in Adelaide.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to moongazer For This Useful Post:

Monkey'sMummy  (02-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moongazer For This Useful Post:

harvs  (02-05-2015),Monkey'sMummy  (02-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think Adelaide is the kind of city that is as good as you make it. It's totally different to Melbourne, but not necessarily for the worst! There are lots of activities to do, have a look at weekend notes

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Curby For This Useful Post:

harvs  (02-05-2015),Nasim2  (02-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    I seen this online....Movenpick? Sounds awesome! Thanks and nice and close to our hotel
    Thats the one! I love their waffles and their espresso icecream is to die for

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    I am completely parochial about loving Adelaide. There are positives and negatives about living everywhere in the world. I think it's a privilege to live in one of the friendliest, cleanest, safest, most environmentally diverse cities in the world.

I get so fired up when I see Adelaide bashing all over the place :-) I wasn't expecting to see any on this thread!!

I agree, living in Adelaide (or anywhere for that matter) is what you make it. I think it's a wonderful place to raise children.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (02-05-2015),Catzilla  (02-05-2015),moongazer  (02-05-2015),Nasim2  (02-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My husband's part of a group doing a play for that Festival, called "The History of Autism". They did it at the Fringe Festival last year too.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Catzilla For This Useful Post:

moongazer  (02-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I love adelaide I don't want to live anywhere else. It has the best universities in Australia for disability 👌

14. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

Nasim2  (02-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasim2 View Post
    You took the words right out of my mouth! I wanted to say something but thought, let them have their opinion. Couldn't have said it better myself!
    I thought it was Adelaide Hubbers... Not Adelaide Haters! Hehe
    Each to their own... No where is perfect but I agree Adelaide is wonderful.
    Geeze, relax - someone asked me why I preferred Melbourne over Adelaide, I answered the question.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by moongazer View Post
    Have you checked out the play and go website. There are other Adelaide based websites too.
    Festival theatre website has info too.
    Think there have been free sessions on Saturday or Sundays with music by elder park.
    Come out festival starts soon, which is a kids arts festival via Adelaide festival theatre. There is a free day next Saturday or the next one. Will find a link soon, with free popeye, paddle boats and entertainment by elder park.
    Have you checked out bonython park playground? Princess Elizabeth playground? Helicopter park in North Adelaide? St Kilda playground?
    Henley Square is a nice place to hang with kids.
    Will think of some free things in Adelaide.
    Thanks