Closed Thread
Page 13 of 102 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Top of the world has closed down.

There's a lot of food stores along jetty road also. Depending what you like.

But in Glenelg you can spent a lot of time down there, it's lovely there.

I quiet enjoy it there and go there a lot.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nafsika For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (22-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GucciDahling View Post
    Hi Adelaide Hubbers!
    DF, 6 month old DS, and I are heading to Adelaide this week for a work conference for me.
    Conference and accommodation is at Glenelg. We will have a car.
    Only there for 2 nights.
    What are some things I can suggest for DF to do with DS while I'm at the conference?
    We're taking his swim nappies and swimmers for the hotel pool. Also paid for a 2pm check out at the hotel so they can stay there longer if they want.
    We will have the pram.
    What should I suggest they do?
    Happy for you to pm me so I don't disrupt your thread!
    TIA
    He could easily catch the tram into the city and take bubs to the botanic gardens/ zoo. DS has always loved being at the gardens.

I hope you enjoy Adelaide!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Curby For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (22-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Adelaide Hubbers

Is that big play gym wiggly worms still open near the intersection of Anzac and Brighton. That still might be too old for a 6 month old though. Def agree with the brace girdles I drove there the other night from Morphett vale just to get a salted caramel hot chocolate. They are sooo good. Copenhagen ice cream is good too. I'm so happy I don't live closer to the bay, I would be huge!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to allykat111 For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (22-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Whatever you do, don't forget to stock up on Haigh's chocolates. They are the bomb. Every time we come down we stock up. Doesn't last us long though. And when you finish what you bought while in Adelaide you can order more online once you're home! Their peppermint frogs are delicious. And my MIL loves the Turkish delight. Whatever you buy, it's beautiful chocolate and all locally made in Adelaide! We actually did the tour the other day and it was really really interesting. It's free and takes about 20min, plus they give you free chocolate to try

8. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (22-03-2015)

tazz475 is offline Holy banjo, check out boob mountain!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @GucciDahling oops I just read DS is 6mo I though you said 2yo for some reason! Beach house is probably a little too old for him then 😛

10. The Following User Says Thank You to tazz475 For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (22-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Has anyone used a private sleep consultant? One with a paediatric / nursing background?

DS has silent reflux and is currently fed to sleep. He has weight gain issues but feeds most / best when tired, wrapped and in a dark room before his naps / bed time . He wakes between 3 and 5 times a night and his day sleeps are a mix of 1 or 2 sleeps and often catnaps. I'm taking too much time away from DD as I'm always feeding him to sleep or resettling him with the boob and I've had enough!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Has anyone used a private sleep consultant? One with a paediatric / nursing background?

DS has silent reflux and is currently fed to sleep. He has weight gain issues but feeds most / best when tired, wrapped and in a dark room before his naps / bed time . He wakes between 3 and 5 times a night and his day sleeps are a mix of 1 or 2 sleeps and often catnaps. I'm taking too much time away from DD as I'm always feeding him to sleep or resettling him with the boob and I've had enough!
    No, sorry! Hopefully you can find someone, that sounds exhausting

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wondered if any of you Adelaide ladies can help me with suggestions for a venue for a work dinner I'm organising for 10-15 people.

We're having a guest speaker, so I need a private room. Would prefer CBD or not too far out and need fairly easy parking. I have a reasonable budget, so don't want anything too cheap.

I've emailed four separate places and only one has replied, to let me know that they don't have a private room.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post

I went to a sleep thing at gowrie they use sarah blunden. She's meant to be great and one on one mine was just a group setting and you need doctors referral. My friend used Chelsea connoly on fb and worked instantly!! She doesn't use cc and does stuff via Skype

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    The Lion on Melbourne St has a couple of nice private rooms and they do nice food too.