Closed Thread
Page 101 of 102 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1011
  1. #1001
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    51
    Thanks
    74
    Thanked
    24
    Reviews
    0
    Hi, just wondering why you want to send him only half year for kindy? If he is ready to start school, he might be ok. Otherwise, kindy program is important. As far as I am aware, almost all government kindy run 1 year program in SA. Fisrt term would be mainly getting them to a routine. By term 4 most of them are ready to start school. If there are any issues, it would be easy to identify and provide support if you start at the beginning of the year. Did you attend interview with your child? May be contact director at the early learning center attach to the school. They will help you.

  2. #1002
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    2,539
    Thanks
    368
    Thanked
    347
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hksl View Post
    Hi, just wondering why you want to send him only half year for kindy? If he is ready to start school, he might be ok. Otherwise, kindy program is important. As far as I am aware, almost all government kindy run 1 year program in SA. Fisrt term would be mainly getting them to a routine. By term 4 most of them are ready to start school. If there are any issues, it would be easy to identify and provide support if you start at the beginning of the year. Did you attend interview with your child? May be contact director at the early learning center attach to the school. They will help you.
    I've checked and it's pre school, 5 days a week. This is private though, not public.

  3. #1003
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    8,351
    Thanks
    5,878
    Thanked
    4,888
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    What age do they start pre-school. If it's 4 before the end of April I'd say it's only 5 1/2 days as kindy / pre-school is only a 2.5 day a week thing.

    My kindy and primary school are amazing - all public and I pay $300 a term (it would only be $180 if she did 1/2 days and not stay for lunch)

    What is your DHs reason for private? The idea it's somehow better? Often it can be if the public school you're zone for is average. Did you ever find out which zone you're in?

  4. #1004
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    2,539
    Thanks
    368
    Thanked
    347
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    What age do they start pre-school. If it's 4 before the end of April I'd say it's only 5 1/2 days as kindy / pre-school is only a 2.5 day a week thing.

    My kindy and primary school are amazing - all public and I pay $300 a term (it would only be $180 if she did 1/2 days and not stay for lunch)

    What is your DHs reason for private? The idea it's somehow better? Often it can be if the public school you're zone for is average. Did you ever find out which zone you're in?
    My hubby idea is that the kids will mix with kids of our background, there's more female teachers, they get taught our 1st language, and yes, that it's better education.
    I personally disagree, but that's him.

    There are 2 close near by ascot park and Forbes and I've been told there not the best, also plympton is close by, have not heard or seen that school. I don't know what zone I'm in. But I'm close to those areas.

  5. #1005
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    2,539
    Thanks
    368
    Thanked
    347
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How about Edwardstown primary? Any feed back on this school?

  6. #1006
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    2,539
    Thanks
    368
    Thanked
    347
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    And I think William right? School? Plympton.....

    I have no idea

  7. #1007
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    2,539
    Thanks
    368
    Thanked
    347
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ignore the last 2 posts. Thank you

  8. #1008
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    2,539
    Thanks
    368
    Thanked
    347
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I did ring Edwardstown and the lady was rude.

  9. #1009
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    8,351
    Thanks
    5,878
    Thanked
    4,888
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    William light is an R-12 school. No idea about what it's like.

    Have you looked at Cedars Primary and St George College? I understand they're both Greek.

  10. #1010
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    2,539
    Thanks
    368
    Thanked
    347
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    William light is an R-12 school. No idea about what it's like.

    Have you looked at Cedars Primary and St George College? I understand they're both Greek.
    Is cedars st spyridon? St George is our choice. As it ticks all our boxes.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Crafty hubbers please help!
    By harvs in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-12-2014, 22:17
  2. Hubbers with Tradie DPs
    By MadeWithLove in forum Setting up & succeeding
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 30-05-2014, 20:00
  3. Any hubbers in car insurance?
    By Mummy12 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 18-03-2014, 09:08

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
sales & new stuffsee all
Hills Swimming
Swim with your friends and you will all get a 33% discount!* We have programs to suit all ages and abilities, with small classes held in our warm indoor 25 metre pool. Highly qualified teachers, and award winning programs. *conditions apply
featured supporter
TPS Health Physiotherapy and Pilates
TPS Health Physiotherapy and Pilates has three clinics located at Morningside, Redlands and Lutwyche. We offer pre and post natal services as well as physiotherapy and Pilates. All clinics offer child minding services so bubs are always welcome!
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!