Closed Thread
Page 100 of 102 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1011
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafsika View Post
    Is that allowed? Like really...about church and everything?
    Yes, it's a private school. They don't have to accept your enrollment if you don't meet the eligibility criteria. Did you read through their requirements before applying? Most schools would have all the information available for prospective parents

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Curby View Post
    Yes, it's a private school. They don't have to accept your enrollment if you don't meet the eligibility criteria. Did you read through their requirements before applying? Most schools would have all the information available for prospective parents
    I have not enrolled yet, I'm doing a principals tour soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    You sound concerned they won't accept you. Can I ask which school?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    You sound concerned they won't accept you. Can I ask which school?
    I'm concerned cause there a bit religious the schools and my hubby isn't while I am.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Although most schools follow the priority system above, many non religious families attend private schools and it all just depends on who applies each year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for responding everyone, it's all sorted now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning..... How's everyone this morning and what are your plans?

We went on to 2 school tours yesterday..... Big difference in schools. Both private.
    We have decided on which one.... Question is now.... Is kindy/preschool for 1 year too much for a child or half a year is good enough?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafsika View Post
    Good morning..... How's everyone this morning and what are your plans?

We went on to 2 school tours yesterday..... Big difference in schools. Both private.
    We have decided on which one.... Question is now.... Is kindy/preschool for 1 year too much for a child or half a year is good enough?
    I'm at work today. So you're tossing up whether to send him to kindy for 1/2 year this year then reception next year?

It really depends on the child. My DDs kindy have been fantastic so far, they've already arranged for a DECD speech pathologist to come in and assess all the kids in 2 weeks time then at the end of the year, I filled in a very comprehensive form about her and where she's at with things and any concerns we have.

They are really keen to help with any areas the kids may be behind or areas they need to improve before school and work with the primary school in the zone to ensure the kids are school ready.

If you send your son for only 1/2 year he may miss out on things that will help him cope better with school next year so I would personally not advise 1/2 year kindy then straight to school, but you know him best. There is a thread I started a few weeks ago about what signs indicate a child is ready for primary school and DD is so far behind in a lot so for me we have to pull our fingers out and work with the kindy to help her be ready. (She's an early March baby so meets the cut off only by 2 months and it's already clear the older kindy kids are so much more advanced with respect to concentration, ability to write, independence etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    I'm at work today. So you're tossing up whether to send him to kindy for 1/2 year this year then reception next year?

It really depends on the child. My DDs kindy have been fantastic so far, they've already arranged for a DECD speech pathologist to come in and assess all the kids in 2 weeks time then at the end of the year, I filled in a very comprehensive form about her and where she's at with things and any concerns we have.

They are really keen to help with any areas the kids may be behind or areas they need to improve before school and work with the primary school in the zone to ensure the kids are school ready.

If you send your son for only 1/2 year he may miss out on things that will help him cope better with school next year so I would personally not advise 1/2 year kindy then straight to school, but you know him best. There is a thread I started a few weeks ago about what signs indicate a child is ready for primary school and DD is so far behind in a lot so for me we have to pull our fingers out and work with the kindy to help her be ready. (She's an early March baby so meets the cut off only by 2 months and it's already clear the older kindy kids are so much more advanced with respect to concentration, ability to write, independence etc.
    What is thread you started please?

I think it costs the same for the preschool $2600 that figure just makes my blood boil.
    And my husband is just stuck on private for goodness sake.

How is work going? I've just done a bunch of house work then going to play group,in the afternoon. I'm running it today as the people who usually do are at training, should be fun. I'm tired, low on sleep, yep.... Not looking forward to it.

The kindy you take your daughter too sounds impressive. I wonder if the school does that where I plan to take him, not plan, demanded.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm thinking sending him to kinder next year second half of the year and starting reception in 2018. He would b 5.5yr old then.