+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It really helped me to weigh my food for a while to figure out the correct portions I should be having. This week my meal plan is:

Breakfast:
    Smoothie with 1/2 cup oats, 1 cup low fat milk, 1 cup of mixed berries (can do any fruit), 10g peanut butter, 1 scoop of protein powder

Morning tea:
    100g low fat Greek yoghurt with 1 cup of fruit (been alternating between pineapple and rockmelon as was on sale and it's meant to be 200g of yoghurt but too much for me)

Lunch:
    1 wholemeal wrap with 1 and 1/2 cups of salad, a slice of low fat cheese and 100g of chicken breast (I think about 70g when it's cooked) - I normally toast it if I can

Afternoon tea:
    1 carrot with 50g hommus (meant to be 100g but it's too much for me)

Dinner:
    100g of steak (about 70g cooked), 2 and 1/2 cups of veg and one cup of brown rice (can have quinoa or cous cous as well)

I am never hungry and sometimes struggle to eat it all. I don't eat any other snacks and just water. But coffee with no milk is fine.

This is a modified plan from Kayla Itsines meal plan. I have been following this for a few months now and I don't have to weigh anymore as I know the portion sizes.

Hope that helps!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Busy Bee For This Useful Post:

emma26  (17-03-2015),hwaterhouse  (25-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow thank you so much. I've received some great meal plan ideas.

How long has everyone been on this journey?. kgs lost? Has it been easy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I started January this year to kick start. My goal has been to lose 6 kilos. I have lost 4 so far. The first month I was really strict stayed on the meal plan and exercised 5-6 times a day about 15-30 minutes of high intensity training or a hot yoga class. On February uni started again so my exercise dropped off slowly to last week where I didn't exercise once but I kept eating right and probably the last 3 weeks been good during the week and then just relaxed but controlled when at events on weekends. I was still losing weight when not exercising much, but the first month was great giving myself a kick start and I noticed a massive difference in my strength and stamina very quickly. I have viewed it as a lifestyle choice and not a diet so it hasn't been too hard. Just have needed to be organised with meals. I tend to buy everything for the week and prepare as much as I can for the week. My goal from here on is to exercise at least 3 days a week. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow busy bee, that's amazing ... You are definitely on the right track. Goodluck!!

Its amazing how easy it can be if your determined and in the right 'mind frame' to do it.
    I only want to lose 5kgs ... I would even be happy with 3-4kgs and keep it off (fingers crossed).

I've signed up for bootcamp once a week, so that will be very interesting.