+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    A couple of chips, then eat the chicken and vegies together (a bit of each on each fork) then go back to the chips. YUM!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gizmo For This Useful Post:

harvs  (16-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    depends how hungry I am. if I am staving I just eat fast like a pig. hardly taste or chew it properly then moan how horrible I feel. otherwise I keep the potato til last but do that with salad too.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

harvs  (16-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    Imagine this pub meal (and also imagine you like everything on the plate so you can make substitutions if you like):

Chicken parmigiana with chips/wedges and veg. My veg are like peas, corn, carrots and cauliflower/broccoli.

How do you eat it?

So...do you feel strange if certain foods are touching? Do you eat a bit of everything in isolation in a pattern ie some chicken, then some chips, then some veg and back to chicken? Do you eat all of something first then move on and eat all of something else? Do you put a mixture of foods on your fork? Do you start with your favourite bit of the dish or save your favourite until last? Or other stuff I haven't thought of?
    I try to stick to my lifestyle plan. Protein first and most than veg and some chips for flavor.

The chips I do eat will be with a bite of chicken. I would never be able to it all or even half of it so I prioritise what I eat.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

harvs  (16-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have a couple of bites of chips and chicken, in no particular order but separate - I'm not really a mixer on my fork. Then eat all the veggies because they're healthy and I don't want to be able to use being too full as an excuse not to eat them. Then I'd eat my chicken and chips, more chicken than chips though because I feel like you're paying for the meat (the chips wouldn't cost too much!) so have to eat it all!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

harvs  (16-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd eat a bit of chicken first, then a few chips, then all the veg, then back to the chicken and chips. I make sure that I save a piece of whatever I like most on my plate for the last mouthful.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to new mum 15809 For This Useful Post:

harvs  (16-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a weird one. I'm not a fan of my food touching on a plate but I will mix everything together on the fork/in a mouthful. I was never a big fan of veggies so I found eating some veggies with a little bit of everything else made it easier. Now I don't mind veggies but out of habit I still eat like this

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BeautyOfTheSoul For This Useful Post:

harvs  (16-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    Imagine this pub meal (and also imagine you like everything on the plate so you can make substitutions if you like):

Chicken parmigiana with chips/wedges and veg. My veg are like peas, corn, carrots and cauliflower/broccoli.

How do you eat it?

So...do you feel strange if certain foods are touching? Do you eat a bit of everything in isolation in a pattern ie some chicken, then some chips, then some veg and back to chicken? Do you eat all of something first then move on and eat all of something else? Do you put a mixture of foods on your fork? Do you start with your favourite bit of the dish or save your favourite until last? Or other stuff I haven't thought of?
    I'm not a fan of chicken parmigiana so I'm going to sub burger in lol
    For me I would do:
    Peas
    Carrots
    Cauliflower
    Broccoli
    Corn
    Chips/wedges
    Burger

I tend to eat food in order of least to most liked. Most of the time if we eat out I will order a burger cause it's something I can easily take home with me. I fill up before getting to it and then have it as a snack later lol

14. The Following User Says Thank You to LaDiDah For This Useful Post:

harvs  (16-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I eat meat first because I'm ridiculously paranoid about food poisoning so I want to eat it whilst it's hot. I'd probably mix have a few mouthfuls with either the chips or veggies. After the Parma I'd eat the veggies so that I'm not too full for them, then I'd pick at the chips. If it was mash instead of chips I'd mix that with the veggies and force it all in coz I love mash!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to TableDancer For This Useful Post:

harvs  (16-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I sample the chicken first, then indiscriminately chow down on assorted mouthfuls of whatever chip/veg/chicken combo I feel like.

I like to mix my foods.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

harvs  (16-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I would eat some of the veggies first, not all, because I think they are "blah" but being the adult I am, I will eat some because I know they are good for me.

Then I will eat half the chicken and then half the chips, usually I start to get full and start picking at the chips because they are my favourite and I don't want to waste them, the chicken I can leave behind. I will mix some chicken and some chips on my fork though, veggies I won't mix because they will ruin the tasty bits of my meal!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to DreamyMummy For This Useful Post:

harvs  (16-03-2015)