+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week

Default Tell me about your eating habits

Imagine this pub meal (and also imagine you like everything on the plate so you can make substitutions if you like):

Chicken parmigiana with chips/wedges and veg. My veg are like peas, corn, carrots and cauliflower/broccoli.

How do you eat it?

So...do you feel strange if certain foods are touching? Do you eat a bit of everything in isolation in a pattern ie some chicken, then some chips, then some veg and back to chicken? Do you eat all of something first then move on and eat all of something else? Do you put a mixture of foods on your fork? Do you start with your favourite bit of the dish or save your favourite until last? Or other stuff I haven't thought of?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Chips first...cos I don't like them to go cold. Nothing worse than cold chips!

Then chicken and veggies together..like a bit of each on my fork.

It doesn't bother me to have food touching or mixed together.

Mmmm...I really want a chicken Parma now!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to summastarlet For This Useful Post:

harvs  (16-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Chips and Parma together. I'm a mixer fork fill of peas/corn every so often, won't touch the carrots (hate them cooked, have to be raw), cauli or broccoli. I'm such a fussy eater but hey, that's why I eat out with dh

5. The Following User Says Thank You to michellek For This Useful Post:

harvs  (16-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'd eat the chips then the party and I probe wouldn't eat the other veg… I just like my Parmy with just chips and a salad… I'd cop a salad.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Trusty Chords For This Useful Post:

harvs  (16-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd swap between various foods, but focus on finishing certain things in a certain order.
    The veg I'd eat all of because they're better for me, and I didn't have to bother preparing them myself. Those would be finished before the chicken or the chips as I prefer the latter.
    Then I'd finish off the chips because they're my favourite part, and I wouldn't want to leave them because I was too full.
    Last, I'd eat chicken until I was full and didn't want any more (there's ALWAYS too much food in a pub meal!)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Renn For This Useful Post:

harvs  (16-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hate when my snitty comes out on top of the chips! So my first step is always to clear a spot for my chicken to get it off my chips. Then I'd pick at my veges/salad, then my chips then save the best for last

11. The Following User Says Thank You to peanuthead For This Useful Post:

harvs  (16-03-2015)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Wow ok. I always, no matter the meal, save any potato product til last because it's my favourite. I can't even imagine eating them first or with something else!

I do veggies first then reward myself with parmy then reward myself even more with the chips. It is a battle to keep them from going cold but I seem to manage it.

I seriously assumed everyone would eat the chips last!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    If I have a meal with chips on it, I'll always eat a few chips first and then I tend to do an eating rotation - bit of parmy, some veg, some chips and repeat. I tend not to put more than one thing on my fork unless it's like a stew/casserole with mash or something with rice. I have no problem with food touching as an adult but as a child this was not on!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

harvs  (16-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would always pick at some chips first, then try the chicken to see what it's like. After that I would alternate between the three. Usually I save a few chips until last.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to sajimum For This Useful Post:

harvs  (16-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    Wow ok. I always, no matter the meal, save any potato product til last because it's my favourite. I can't even imagine eating them first or with something else!

I do veggies first then reward myself with parmy then reward myself even more with the chips. It is a battle to keep them from going cold but I seem to manage it.

I seriously assumed everyone would eat the chips last!
    You sicko...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Trusty Chords For This Useful Post:

harvs  (16-03-2015)