+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Income Protection/Insurance for stay at home mothers?

I'm a stay at home mum with a 3.5 and 2 year old and was wondering if anyone has looked into insurance to cover events such as disability, cancer, death etc? I haven't an income as such so really can't get income protection but has anyone applied for insurances to cover things like childcare, household cleaning... the things that need to be done when you are sick so that your husband doesn't have to stop work to look after the kids/household? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Trauma insurance is an option for you pays a lump sum in the event of a critical illness.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing. I need to look at this. Would like enough to pay off the home loan incase I pass away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have insurance as a SAHM because if I go out of order we'd need to hire someone to get everything done or DH would have to take extended leave. It's not cheap. I can't remember which one's which - it's either $500 or $1000 as they are the two premiums we pay and I have a heap of loading on mine as I only took it out after my miscarriages and finding out about a couple of things. If you have ever mentioned PND or anxiety to your doctor there will be loading for that too...just to make things worse and it is a real pain to get it reassessed further down the track as I am trying to do at the moment.
    I can't remember the name for it though- it's not my life insurance - that's with someone else.