+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyV View Post
    Just an update - miraculously my levels have gone up to 9962, progesterone 34. I am still in some shock as I was preparing for them to have gone down and confirming a miscarriage. They are still ahead of the beta database average for 27dpo but the doubling times have slowed right down now.

I am up to 3 pessaries a day and am still spotting a little bit but no more heavy bleeding. Could it possibly have been a vanishing identical twin after all?

so the dreaded wait until the heartbeat ultrasound next week begins....

thank you for all your advice and I am praying this one has a happy ending.
    Glad to hear things are heading in the right direction for you..
    I still think you could up your progesterone (my FS always says you can't have too much progesterone - especially for girls like us who struggle to get good levels).
    But if the bleeding has slowed then that's always a good sign..

And yes it is possible that it could be a vanishing twin with HCG levels like that..
    Will be watching out for your update next week after your scan 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Woohoo come on bubba!!

I know you have a weird sense of loyalty to your FS, I do too. But I would still go for a second opinion. Not sure who the best in Sydney is (I know in melb its Lynn Burmeister and in Brisbane it Wazza). Generally the good ones have a thread on bubhub. Ask who the best in Sydney is and you will get many responses but there will be one reoccurring name. I would take my file to them and ask what they would do differently.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Update after ultrasound 6 weeks 6 days

Posting an update for any ladies searching for similar situations.

We are still in limbo. The sac and baby was seen on ultrasound today but it was measuring a bit small (6 weeks 2 days). There was no heartbeat which was what we had been hoping to see. Instead we have to wait another week to check for growth and a heartbeat.

The good news was it had progressed after the big bleed (at 5 weeks 1 day) but not fast enough. The doctor thinks the placenta lifted off causing the bleed but it has attempted to repair itself which is why things got 'interrupted' but the baby appears to be a survivor who is still trying to hang in there.

No pool of blood was found in the uterus so it looks like the big bleed from a couple of weeks ago is gone and just still spotting old blood occasionally.

it is so hard to keep hoping, we keep getting just enough progress to prolong things that little bit more. Praying that the heartbeat does show up next week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jolly - Thankyou for the update. I have been wondering how you were doing.

I know exactly how hard it is to feel like it is taking so long to see progress.
    Your story seems very similar to mine - I had two massive bleeds at five weeks. Had various scans over the next 10 days that all showed no heartbeats - poor prognosis etc.

We didn't finally get to see the heartbeats until almost 7 weeks. We had follow up scans again at 8 weeks and they continue to thrive.
    they can still see the large areas where the bleeding was coming from but both the OB and the FS have said they are more like 'bruising' now and will settle down over time.

It's good that the bleed has gone. Rest up when you can (if you are not already on bedrest ). Sounds like you have a fighter on your hands..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Blinky (and WiseEnough and the other ladies).

Blinky - your story is very comforting! Did you measure on time and just didn't see a heartbeat any earlier or were you ever behind? I hope mine ends up on track like yours. I feel like this little one has been through so much already and survived (iCSI, PGD, freezing and thawing, the big bleed and ongoing spotting) and I reminded myself today that it is already a blessing having carried this baby inside me for almost 5 weeks so I can be grateful for that.

We have never made it this far before so it was actually pretty amazing to see the foetus!

will post an update either way next Thursday.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Introducing myself after 9 FETs and 3 early pregnancy losses

Jolly we have never made it this far before either...
    our first bleed/scan (5w6d) showed two sacs . One with a yolk but no fetal pole
    The other sac was empty (the FS said this was behind as we did DE IVF and knew all our dates).
    Our second scan two days after a VERY big bleed that lasted a day (TMI to put here but it was horrific) (6w1d) showed the same. The FS said he wanted a heartbeat and 'thought' he might have seen a flicker in one but 'wouldn't put money on it'.

At this stage he gave us the prognosis that 'one was gone and the other had about a 5% chance of progression.
    He sent me home on strict bedrest with increased Meds and some extras including instructions for Valium and a shot of Brandy/Whiskey. (He was serious).

We then spent the next week preparing to be told we would Need a D&C.

We had a repeat scan at 6w6d and saw two heartbeats (we were all shocked!)
    We did a repeat scan again at 8w and everything is now on track - heartbeats good, size good, bleeding under control. I'm still worried but I don't think that will go away.

Everyone's situation is different but I hope my situation gives you at least a little glimmer that miracles do happen and things can turn around...

Thanks
    Reviews
    @JollyV have you had your ultrasound yet? hope you get to see that heartbeat....

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Bongley. Yes I had the u/s yesterday, I did post an update above. Unfortunately we didn't hear a heartbeat but the baby had grown to 6w2d (which means it had grown since the big bleed at 5w1d). We definitely could see a normal looking round gestational sac and the fetal pole. The doctor was very patient and looked around for a while and even turned the sound on a few times just to make sure. Every time we saw a tiny flicker our hearts jumped but it was just all the white noise around the sac. The baby was right at the bottom of the sac up against the wall so it wasn't super clear most of the time.

So we are hoping that it is just measuring behind and we will get to see a heartbeat next week.

Trying to prepare myself though that baby didn't make it even though it has fought hard to get this far.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oop, sorry I don't know how I missed that. I hope your bub is just behind a bit.