+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What are your Easter traditions?

So DS is 2.5 now so I want to start making Easter an enjoyable and memorable time for our family! I have never really celebrated it much myself, but some people with kids I have spoken to tell me they treat it as a sort of mini-Christmas day, a few presents, chocolate and have a really fun day! I love this idea and am wondering what sort of things do you do with your kids over Easter?? Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Easter in our family is exactly how you described as a mini Christmas. We spend the whole day with extended family as we do with Christmas, one side for lunch, the other side for the evening.

In the lead up to Easter I will do some Easter craft or baking with the kids.

On Easter morning the kids wake to an Easter egg trail from their bedroom to our family room where the Easter Bunny has set up a hunt for them.

Great fun day for us, however not as 'Big' as Christmas.

We are catholic and also have no meat, only seafood on Good Friday which is usually spent going out for lunch with family.

NurseAnni is offline Winner 2014 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We dont do anything (no kids though). Usually buy some chockies on special a few days after but neither of us are religious and family are quite far away so there's not much to do anyway
    Sent from my GT-P6810 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We leave easter bunny foot prints through the house. The older kids get 1 big chocolate each then we hide a few small onces around the house for them to find. The baby usually gets a soft toy or one of those plate and cutlery sets. Then we spend the day with family having a bbq and relaxing while kids run off their sugar high.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Gift wise, we do new Pyjamas for the children and just a couple of choc eggs and a choc bunny or bilby. Sometimes we include a new book as well.

Then we either spend the day with family eating or just us hanging out together in a laid back relaxing fashion

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    We wake up to a zip lock bag each of chocolate eggs in the fridge. Than off to church and home for a roast pork lunch and the rest of day relaxing. Sometimes we see family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Church the thurs night followed by late supper at my mums house. Usually veggo.

Friday - all adults fast all day. Church at 10am & 3pm. One main meal at 5pm - usually at my place. It's fish and salads.

Saturday - just a family day with veggo dietary restrictions.

Sunday - church then lunch. Kids get pjs and books. No one exchanges chocolates. Usually pork dishes served.

Monday - work for me. Dh has the kids usually.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We always go to the beach. Easter is usually a gorgeous weekend here weather wise and usually our last chance to have a swim before winter hits. Kids always get a pair of winter pj's and ugg boots.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    My kids are only little so still working on our own family traditions. They each get new winter pjs every year. Not too much chocolate. We do an egg hunt (have been doing it with those plastic eggs) which DS1 really enjoyed last year. Will try and do a few Easter crafts in the lead up.

Usually have a family dinner either Good Friday or Easter Sunday, depending when everyone is available.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hot cross buns for brunch and an egg hunt, always get together with the fam for this