+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default awaiting transfer cycle – no AF!

Hello, this is my first post, so apologies for any rookie mistakes. I've done 2 stim cycles (1st one no embs, 2nd one 3 little blastos), and am waiting for AF to start my first transfer cycle. But it's not coming! I'd normally just wait it out, try to be patient, but my DB has to go overseas for a couple of months for work and we were hoping he could be around for the transfer. I'm on Day 39 and with PCOS my AF has never been regular but the usual is around 33 days. Sometimes it's blown out to 50 days and, in one stressful time, 90 days, so I'm starting to worry. Does anyone know if there's anything I can do to bring it on sooner? I used to see an acupuncturist, but got frustrated at the 'those who are committed fall pregnant' mentality (I have elevated NK cells, so commitment wouldn't have changed anything with natural conception.) But if it could bring on AF, I'd consider going back. Any tips? Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, this sometimes happens to me due to polycystic ovaries. It's very frustrating when you are waiting to start a new cycle. I find that when I am feeling stressed or anxious about cycling it takes my body longer get AF.

You can ask your FS to prescribe provera to bring on AF (although make sure you are definitely not pregnant) or acupuncture has also worked for me before.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, Lillac! My FS wanted me to have a drug-free cycle after the stim cycle, so not sure he'd go for provera (will check). How many acupuncture sessions did you have for it to work? Was it pretty immediate?

Thanks
    Reviews
    From memory you only take provera for 5 days then AF should arrive .
    But yes acupuncture worked really quickly - I only went to 1 session and got my periods within a couple of days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ugh, still waiting. I spoke to the FS's nurse and I had a blood test to check where I was in my cycle – elevated progesterone showed I'd ovulated so she said it should come in about a week (which is today). Good to know I've ovulated, but so frustrating that it's still not here!