+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would love to be a skeptic of all this, but life has not allowed me to be. I find it disturbing and often terrifying, but I don't really want to go into too much detail as I don't want to be judged as a 'loony' (no offense intended to anyone, just going from previous personal experiences).

I'd love to find a scientific explanation for it, as I usually need hard scientific evidence to believe in something. The closest I've come in my theories are:

- premonitions/psychics: Stephen Hawking's theory that the universe is like a hologram, and that every cell in the universe contains the blueprint of the entire universe. Perhaps there are some people who are able to tune into that plane of consciousness, so are able to 'know' things that others don't know?

- spirits: every atom contains an electric charge (electons, protons & neutrons). Electricity never dies, just disperses in another form (transmutation). If you tie this in with cell memory, then there could be a basis for believing that when someone dies, that their 'spirit'(electric charge) could take a semblence of their form. Given that 99.94% of an atom's mass is in the nucleus, and the only reason we can see/feel each other and the things around us is because there is such is high concentration of atoms grouped together, then I guess that if some of the mass of the nucleus (dna, etc) was removed through the transmutation (death) process, but the elecric charge remained then it's not so far fetched that there could be 'spirits'.

Hope that makes sense... :/

Feel free to pick all of that apart if you have more of an understanding of this than me, as I would love to learn more!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to littlelove For This Useful Post:

BerryDelicious  (15-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by littlelove View Post
    I would love to be a skeptic of all this, but life has not allowed me to be. I find it disturbing and often terrifying, but I don't really want to go into too much detail as I don't want to be judged as a 'loony' (no offense intended to anyone, just going from previous personal experiences).

I'd love to find a scientific explanation for it, as I usually need hard scientific evidence to believe in something. The closest I've come in my theories are:

- premonitions/psychics: Stephen Hawking's theory that the universe is like a hologram, and that every cell in the universe contains the blueprint of the entire universe. Perhaps there are some people who are able to tune into that plane of consciousness, so are able to 'know' things that others don't know?

- spirits: every atom contains an electric charge (electons, protons & neutrons). Electricity never dies, just disperses in another form (transmutation). If you tie this in with cell memory, then there could be a basis for believing that when someone dies, that their 'spirit'(electric charge) could take a semblence of their form. Given that 99.94% of an atom's mass is in the nucleus, and the only reason we can see/feel each other and the things around us is because there is such is high concentration of atoms grouped together, then I guess that if some of the mass of the nucleus (dna, etc) was removed through the transmutation (death) process, but the elecric charge remained then it's not so far fetched that there could be 'spirits'.

Hope that makes sense... :/

Feel free to pick all of that apart if you have more of an understanding of this than me, as I would love to learn more!
    Love it! My thoughts exactly <3

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BerryDelicious For This Useful Post:

littlelove  (15-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The thing for me is I understand how powerful a tool the mind is and what it is capable of making people believe. I often wonder myself if self proclaimed psychics I've met truly believe it because they are manifesting it in their own mind so there for it feels so real.

I am an extremely open minded person and I'm the last one to say that something is impossible. I think that I'm very much the opinion that unless I have seen and felt shadow of a doubt myself than I can't really say what people experience is not real. Although I do have a level of skepticism not for the spiritual and psychic issue itself but so many proclaiming to be this way but also pedalling products for profit.

I myself see a spiritual advisor that I can not at all explain how she knows the things she knows as they are really specific things I've never spoken of and she's a woman in her 70's. I think when I speak to her I don't really think to much about how or where the information is coming from but just accept it as is. Because I'm somewhat naturally skeptical if I started questioning I loose the value of the lessons it brings me.

I am very much into things atm like vegetarianism, fasting and meditation in general to open a third eye so to speak. When I say third eye I have no expectation of psychic ability but I'm more looking towards internal understanding which I feel is more logic than esoterical anyway.

I guess I air on the side of skepticism waiting to be proved wrong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    Skeptic.

Only thing that fascinates me is seeing 11.11 on a clock, I see it a lot.
    This happens to me too, do you have any idea what it means?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I have been told you are meant to wish at 11.11 or that it means you will travel soon.
    I think you were referring to my thread and it is obvious I am a believer. Not so much in psychics (sp?) But in spirits definitely. I have had far too many experiences in my life not to believe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am a very logical & reasonable sort of person. I am a total skeptic & research everything before believing..
    But I've seen too much to not believe in paranormal activity. I have lived in 'haunted' houses, I have seen people who are not there, I have communicated with deceased people via a psychic medium, and one time, telepathy.
    My best friend says it always spins her out that I am so very down to earth & a no-nonsense type of person, and then I'll say something about ghosts or something as if it's a given reality (she doesn't believe) & I seem like a loon. Haha

I still never figured out who the tall lady was who stood at the end of my bed while I slept for nearly a year. Or who sent her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am an absolute skeptic and I've never seen ghosts or spirits or anything but I do find it fascinating and I like to read about people's experiences. Being a scientist I like hard evidence (of course!) but I'm not so quick to dismiss that people do genuinely experience things, how or why I don't know but I'd love to get to the bottom of it!

I did have some strange experiences once when by brother was serving overseas, there were 3 times over 6 months where I felt that there had been a serious incident/event many hours before I could have found out via the news etc. It was always overnight (so day time there) and always some terrible news about it came on the next morning. I don't think these things ever involved my brother directly but he was indirectly affected each time. I did find it very unsettling and upsetting and I do not have any explanation. The second time he went I had the same feelings but they were not as strong. I've never been able to explain this, is was just a definite feeling of "knowing" something had happened. Make of that what you will!

ETA my mum had an experience with a woman once who claimed to be psychic that gave her an impromptu reading. This woman knew nothing about my mum or her family but said a lot of very unnerving things and knew too much about mum's life (actual information, not just general statements that could be anyone). Mum was pretty unsettled so asked her to stop the reading. Interesting stuff.
    Last edited by Pearlygirl; 16-03-2015 at 07:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Nope I'm a total skeptic. I do not believe in ghosts or an afterlife. I think seeing ghosts are a combination of the power of suggestion and electromagnetic waves and interference.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/sci...ife/ghost3.htm

11. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

MsViking  (16-03-2015)

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I am a believer. I don't need science or any proof of the many things that I can accept as real. I have had too many experiences, dreams, premonitions, readings, just all those things, I cannot explain, or understand, but I know I can accept it as real. marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a believer. I have had reading done that were very spot on down to a partner with testicular cancer... (not together anymore)

I'm just getting ready for another reading.