+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Spirituality and psychic ability...

Reading the other thread about the ghost I was actually surprised to see so many people believe in ghosts and smudging… Do you believe in these things and if so have you had spiritual or psychic experiences… Elaborate. Skeptics welcome.
    Last edited by Trusty Chords; 15-03-2015 at 09:42.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trusty Chords For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (15-03-2015),MsViking  (15-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wait are you all communicating in ESP?...

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trusty Chords For This Useful Post:

Dinky Doo  (16-03-2015),MsViking  (15-03-2015),Preshy2008  (15-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am a complete skeptic, but have had a couple of experiences that I can't ignore.
    I have learnt that even skeptics shouldn't play with ouija boards! Something was creeping the hell out of me and my flat mates a day or so after we did one (we thought it didn't work) just noises and flickering lights in the flat. I rang my friend who is into this kind of thing and he said imagine a white light around you. We sat in the lounge room and imagined the light filling the room. The alarm clock in my bedroom then started playing "Bad Medicine" at full volume - I ran into the room and it was flashing 12:00 like they do when you lose power. It should not have been able to play any music. I unplugged it, freaked out and spent the night at my friends place. There was a lady in a hippy shop under our flat who called us idiots and smudged the flat for us the next day.

I still freak out if Bad medicine comes on the radio.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dont know what i believe..

What i know is i used to use a ouija board with my housemate, and spoke to two beings. They were attached to us and knew things about us that even we didnt realise-and the other person had no way of knowing. A very spiritual friend told us they were our spirit guides.

I had a guy i had been seeing supposively flying to see me, and the night before he was meant to come (i had just hopped off the phone to the guy-said he was coming) 'A'my guide, said he wasnt coming. Sure enough i got a text in the morning saying he didnt get on his flight.

One was a bit pervey and could describe what undies i was wearing or what i did in the shower...

Honestly it blew my mind. I often wonder if 'A' is still hanging around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am pretty sceptical, however the only thing that weirds me out that street lights and car park lights turn off ALL the time when I approach them, I mean every single time I drive at night (a lot as I'm a shift worker). It's not just the same lights either, it happens no matter where I go.....

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I saw this in my newsfeed and thought of this thread.

11058066_10153087936935485_4122396733166730619_n.jpg

I'm a skeptic, I need hard evidence.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

GingerKat  (15-03-2015),harvs  (15-03-2015),Night Owl  (17-03-2015),SpecialPatrolGroup  (15-03-2015),Trusty Chords  (15-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CakeyMumma View Post
    I am a complete skeptic, but have had a couple of experiences that I can't ignore.
    I have learnt that even skeptics shouldn't play with ouija boards! Something was creeping the hell out of me and my flat mates a day or so after we did one (we thought it didn't work) just noises and flickering lights in the flat. I rang my friend who is into this kind of thing and he said imagine a white light around you. We sat in the lounge room and imagined the light filling the room. The alarm clock in my bedroom then started playing "Bad Medicine" at full volume - I ran into the room and it was flashing 12:00 like they do when you lose power. It should not have been able to play any music. I unplugged it, freaked out and spent the night at my friends place. There was a lady in a hippy shop under our flat who called us idiots and smudged the flat for us the next day.

I still freak out if Bad medicine comes on the radio.
    I'm so sorry forgive me but I laughed at the Bad Medicine part… Sorry!

I don't know what I believe although like you there are things that happen to me that are rather unexplained like I'll think about a random person I haven't spoken to in years then decide to go somewhere and they are there. Happens all the time.

I've noticed lately the spiritual thing is trending hard and everyones getting their crystals out and doing psychic readings with their abilities. I dunno I want to believe in magic but I also believe placing your hope and happiness in someone else's psychic ability seems kind of irrational.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Having said that no way would I f*** with an ouija board… Just in case...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Skeptic.

Only thing that fascinates me is seeing 11.11 on a clock, I see it a lot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Total skeptic. This is coming from someone who used to believe all sorts of 'out there' stuff. Then I started really needing to rely on evidence to back my decisions in the workplace, I started talking a lot with academics, scientists and researchers, developing a deep respect for good data and quality evidence. It really forced me to examine my beliefs!