+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How did you meet your 2nd husband/wife?

I am no where near ready to start dating again, just curious & would love to hear some stories just to remind myself it is possible.

I'm working through a lot of my own issues/healing with Counciling & self help books. I am now full-time single SAHM with 5yo DD so my week revolves around her (preschool, play dates, sport, hobbies)

Right now I dont see how its possible to meet a quality partnar again (time poor/no opportunities)

Mum would babysit so I could go out however that just feels wrong.. I havnt been on a date with anyone but XH in almost a decade.

How long did it take you to move on from your ex?

How did you meet your 2nd husband?

XH has begun dating again (which is good, takes the pressure off me) however does make me feel like I'm missing out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default How did you meet your 2nd husband/wife?

My guy is the cousin/best friend/flatmate of a friend of mine. He heard a lot about me from the friend, added me on Facebook, worked up the courage to message me over 3 months, finally did... We hit if off via messages, I ended up asking him out, as I had other guys asking me out, but was only interested in him. Turns out he's very shy. We met, hit it off and 8 months later he is a very special part of our family.

ETA, I've been separated for 2 years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    I was helping to hold a costume contest at zombie walk. He had the best costume....after some dutch courage we ended the night kissing. I lost his number as i was quite drunk and ended up giving a call out over tumblr and facebook. We met up and we became inseparable.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxwell's Silver Hammer For This Useful Post:

BerryDelicious  (15-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    following, Im a single mum of two.
    Been single for years, frankly I dont even know where to start lol Id love to meet someone even if it wasnt a 'serious' relationship just a casual relationship would be nice, miss that side of adulthood

but Im rushed of my feet with full time care of the two and I wouldnt even know where to start lol (If Im lucky father has the kids once a month)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThenThereWereThree For This Useful Post:

BerryDelicious  (15-03-2015),HappyBovinexx  (15-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I started dating immediately after splitting up with my XH. He met his 2nd wife about 3 weeks after us splitting up. I met DH at work just under 2 years after the split.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Following as I'm a single mum and have no luck with dating. I need to remind myself it's possible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Dubbing for me but my mum met her second husband at a Jimmy Barnes concert.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I met my man at a party for a mutual friend. I'd had my eye on him for a little while & we just hit it off. This was 2.5 years after separating from XH and after a few 'mistakes' haha. I hadn't been a part of the dating world for so long I was pretty naive & fell for some dumb things.

I had good family support & my mum was happy to babysit for me to go out with friends, so I was lucky there

11. The Following User Says Thank You to amcyus For This Useful Post:

BerryDelicious  (15-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've been separated for over 3 years. I think I'm officially a 'revirgin'. My ds wants me to get my boat license so that's my interest at present. I've loved this time discovering who the kids and I are without their dad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a year on my own, casually dated one guy towards the end of that year but was nothing serious. It was a great year and I learnt so much about life and myself!

My DP is a friend of a friend, he took a liking to me via fb and eventually added me and started messaging me. I made it kinda clear I wasn't interested then one night I walked into the pub with friends and he was there, we chatted, we danced, he walked me home. We texted for a few days and I mentioned id always wanted to learn guitar. The next night he came over with his guitar and a rose, and the rest is history!

It's been three years now and I'm the happiest I've ever been, he truly is my best friend!

It will happen for you when the time is right, and it will be amazing!