+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Boosting immunity

Ok, so my family have had a crappy run health wise over the last couple of months. It's literally been one illness after the other. DS has gastro now, DH might have too, and it's just really getting me down. We're usually so healthy!

Hit me with your top immunity boosting tips please! TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bone broth - like chicken stock but home made.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Apart from lots of fresh fruit and veggies ( I put garlic, ginger and herbs in just about everything!) we take fish oil ( omegas and vitamin D ) and a probiotic ( for gut health) and yes as pp said whenever everyone around us is sick I always do a big batch of chicken soup and we all have a teaspoon of manuka honey

Plantain tea I'll have to try! I drink Roobios and lemon myrtle tea

Thanks
    Reviews
    Go out and play in the dirt and mud. Get a dog or a cat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loislane2010 View Post
    So true! DS wrestles our 50kg mastiff daily - maybe that's why he never gets sick!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

loislane2010  (15-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loislane2010 View Post
    Seriously?? I have a dog. .. doesn't help my DD.

honestly OP. .. I don't think you can technically boost your immunity. Some people are just more prone to catching things.
    If you have a lower immune system and you play in the dirt it's not going to help.
    My daughter is catching some virus nearly all the time. ..I think building immunity is a myth. Playing in the dirt isn't going to build immunity. Why would it? It's dirt?
    On the off chance you can I bought that kids inner health plus immune booster for DD. plus trying to eat healthy and exercise. Get out in the fresh air. Turn off air conditioning and heaters. Etc etc.
    Sorry you are getting sick all the time. It sucks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleBug'sMum View Post
    Bone broth - like chicken stock but home made.
    Is that all bone broth is? I seriously thought it had some magic ingredient that I didn't know about.

Lots of fresh air and exposure to mild germs and dirt to allow you to build immunity.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Boosting immunity

Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    Seriously?? I have a dog. .. doesn't help my DD.

honestly OP. .. I don't think you can technically boost your immunity. Some people are just more prone to catching things.
    If you have a lower immune system and you play in the dirt it's not going to help.
    My daughter is catching some virus nearly all the time. ..I think building immunity is a myth. Playing in the dirt isn't going to build immunity. Why would it? It's dirt?
    On the off chance you can I bought that kids inner health plus immune booster for DD. plus trying to eat healthy and exercise. Get out in the fresh air. Turn off air conditioning and heaters. Etc etc.
    Sorry you are getting sick all the time. It sucks.
    There's been tons of studies to prove that playing in the dirt and exposure to animals reduces risks of allergies, asthma and skin disorders, auto immune disorders and generally boosts the immune system. It's the exposure to bacteria and micro organisms!

My DS has eaten/played in dirt, dog poo (when I'm not looking I don't encourage him to play with it lol), kisses the dogs and cat you name it since he could crawl, i wash his hands before eating only, have never used hand sanitiser or anything like that. He gets a cold once a year maybe and it's usually mild, has no allergies or anything wrong whatsoever, completely healthy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpicyTurtle View Post
    There's been tons of studies to prove that playing in the dirt and exposure to animals reduces risks of allergies, asthma and skin disorders, auto immune disorders and generally boosts the immune system. It's the exposure to bacteria and micro organisms!

My DS has eaten/played in dirt, dog poo (when I'm not looking I don't encourage him to play with it lol), kisses the dogs and cat you name it since he could crawl, i wash his hands before eating only, have never used hand sanitiser or anything like that. He gets a cold once a year maybe and it's usually mild, has no allergies or anything wrong whatsoever, completely healthy!
    I hear you. I'm no scientist. So I'm just saying it anecdotally.

But I have the opposite. DD plays with dog. ..kisses the dog too... plays outside etc etc. All the things you mentioned.
    Makes no difference. Still gets sick all the time.
    Yep she's has some medical issues but playing with all that hasn't made a ounce of difference. Plus I know her blood work is good and she has no deficiencies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    I hear you. I'm no scientist. So I'm just saying it anecdotally.

But I have the opposite. DD plays with dog. ..kisses the dog too... plays outside etc etc. All the things you mentioned.
    Makes no difference. Still gets sick all the time.
    Yep she's has some medical issues but playing with all that hasn't made a ounce of difference. Plus I know her blood work is good and she has no deficiencies.
    Oh that's sucky for your DD yes I do agree what works for one person might not work for others.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SpicyTurtle For This Useful Post:

Tamtam  (15-03-2015)