+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    book a trip and make a baby in Paris

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone.

I'm toying with the idea of booking a mini-Euro vacation in January (about 2 or 3 weeks, since I'm on holidays then) but maybe we could start TTC in September ish so it wouldn't be a disaster if we did get pregnant before the trip... I just don't know!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lennon View Post
    Thanks everyone.

I'm toying with the idea of booking a mini-Euro vacation in January (about 2 or 3 weeks, since I'm on holidays then) but maybe we could start TTC in September ish so it wouldn't be a disaster if we did get pregnant before the trip... I just don't know!
    My only comment here about a 'disaster' being pregnant is that if you know you'll want to indulge in French soft cheese and wine then in may be torture if you're pregnant. Obviously not a huge priority or deal breaker but thought I'd warn you if you feel the same way about cheese that I do!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Lennon  (18-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lennon View Post
    Thanks everyone.

Maybe not disaster but it would be a pretty crap holiday in my books.
    Yes. No point going to Europe (if it were me) if you can't sample the wine and cheese and are chucking your guts up from morning sickness.

The cost of having an enjoyable and indulgent holiday is delaying ttc by 5 months - worth it in my book. That's me though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Yes. No point going to Europe (if it were me) if you can't sample the wine and cheese and are chucking your guts up from morning sickness.

The cost of having an enjoyable and indulgent holiday is delaying ttc by 5 months - worth it in my book. That's me though.
    Completely agree!

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm going to side with VP on this one. I would wait till after Jan to TTC. Enjoy your holiday. Drink. Eat. If you go while pregnant you will sleep the whole time. It's also hard to get travel insurance while pregnant.

When I said I wouldn't wait to TTC I meant I wouldn't wait more than a year. Take your holiday in January. Go to Iceland, it's amazing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Totally agree! I originally wanted to go to Paris for our 'babymoon' when we arrived last year then decided I didn't want to waste (meaning DH wouldn't want to come back for a while as he'd want to go someplace else next trip) my Paris trip not being able to indulge. When we visited at 22 we did it on a shoestring so no indulging. Went back when DS was 9 months and I pretty much didn't come up for air in regards to the cheese.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for your your thoughts! Lots to think about!

Can I ask why there is trouble getting travel insurance when pregnant? Most companies I've looked at cover pregnancy if there are no complications. But it would indeed suck if something did happen abroad, even if travel insurance covered it!

I don't drink anyway so I wouldn't miss the wine but it would be sucky feeling sick and tired all the time.

I'll have to think about it! Waiting to TTC until next year when I am 29 seems like ages away Especially when so many people in the thread said they wish they'd started trying earlier/before 30!

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you want to travel do it. Everyone is different. For dh and I it was important to us to have financial security first. We had 2 properties before we started a family. We didn't feel we were ready to have children until I was 30. We had been together 12years prior and we loved those years together, we had a lot of fun. I don't feel I would have been as good a mum as I am now had I had kids younger. Financially it would have been tough due to having time off work in between the 3 kids we have had we not had the financial security first. I was also studying in my early 20's and wanted to complete that first. It's comforting knowing our children will gain financially as by the time they are starting out it will be so much harder for them without some financial assistance. I do believe you need to be ready to have children and there's a right time and only you know when it's right for you.
    Last edited by Blessedwith3boys; 19-03-2015 at 20:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your reply, Blessedwith3boys! We are definitely financially secure right now. If we blew some funds on an overseas trip however... Ha!

I'm judging by your sig that you had IVF. Do you think your journey would have been easier if you had kids younger or if you'd found out about fertility issues at a younger age? I guess this is the main thing I am worried about. I'm in my late twenties so waiting a little longer would mean breaching the 30 mark! Which I know doesn't mean much in this day and age but... I don't know! Lots to consider I guess we will know when we are truly ready!