+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry to hear about your dad.

Everyone is different. I spent my 20s getting a degree. We got married when I was mid 20s but were living apart due to us wanting the career/education. Our career involves a lot of traveling so i got to go everywhere in the world. I love to see the world! It is never a good time to start a family in my profession. When I turned 30, I wanted to start a family so I took a slight different career path and salary cut, moved in with dh. But it turns out that we have infertility problem. Fast forward. It took us 3 yrs and a lot of heartache to conceive a baby (I am currently preg). Dh's grandma passed away few months ago so it was a bummer that she didn't get to see the great grandkid before she passed.

You asked someone if it would make a different if we (ivfers) would have tried earlier. The answer is no. Our infertility is due to a medical condition. If I was in my 20s, I would have taken a long break with ivf and travel around the world as I would still have time. I was actually thinking to take a break after all the heartache but only realised that it might take me years with ivf with no guarantee a baby. I was pretty close in deciding to being childless.

Traveling doesn't have to stop. I will have to adjust somehow with my job. So I believe you both can do the same. I hope you guys have a short TTC journey. Xx

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Deciding to start a family... when?!

So sorry to hear about your dad. Hoping he kicks it's butt!

Come on ovaries do your thing!!