+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lennon View Post
    Thanks for your reply, Blessedwith3boys! We are definitely financially secure right now. If we blew some funds on an overseas trip however... Ha!

I'm judging by your sig that you had IVF. Do you think your journey would have been easier if you had kids younger or if you'd found out about fertility issues at a younger age? I guess this is the main thing I am worried about. I'm in my late twenties so waiting a little longer would mean breaching the 30 mark! Which I know doesn't mean much in this day and age but... I don't know! Lots to consider I guess we will know when we are truly ready!
    Just on this. I know I stated we've had a few friends need IVF or other assistance but I myself didn't start trying until 31 and became pregnant with both babies on the second month of trying so getting pregnant easily in your 30s isn't unheard of 😉

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Lennon  (20-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks for your reply, Blessedwith3boys! We are definitely financially secure right now. If we blew some funds on an overseas trip however... Ha!

I'm judging by your sig that you had IVF. Do you think your journey would have been easier if you had kids younger or if you'd found out about fertility issues at a younger age? I guess this is the main thing I am worried about. I'm in my late twenties so waiting a little longer would mean breaching the 30 mark! Which I know doesn't mean much in this day and age but... I don't know! Lots to consider I guess we will know when we are truly ready!
    Hi. No our journey wouldn't have been easier as dh has the issue so regardless ivf would have been our journey at whatever age we chose. We decided to try for a baby at 30 and I was pregnant at 32 so not too much later than planned due to us seeking advice when it didn't happen after 6mths. But yes there is lots to consider.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

Lennon  (20-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for sharing your stories xxx MUCH appreciated!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't read all replies but I'm 27 and currently 22 wks with our first. I have travelled a lot and honestly had the best times of my life on my trips, especially the more recent ones with my hubby. I also like to have adventures at home and weekends away. I feel like I've got it out of my system and ready to settle down with bubs now.

However, if I hadn't, I'd be totally open to travelling with my baby. I went to NZ while 14-17 weeks pregnant and it was great. It sounds to me like you want a bubba more than you want to travel right now and I would always say go with your heart.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone. I'm still so on the fence and I think DH is too which I think means we should probably wait a little while I don't know if we will end up travelling before we TTC, or not, but I think the fact that we are both so undecided means that we should probably wait a bit rather than jump right into it. As clucky as I am! Thank you everyone so much for your responses and also for sharing your own personal stories!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lennon For This Useful Post:

Cue  (21-03-2015),VicPark  (22-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's funny how it works, isn't it? I don't think I'm necessary "clucky" as such but I am 28 and always thought I would have kids before 30, I wanted to get married first and be relatively stable financially, and we have ticked all those things off. I know my husband will be an amazing dad and I can really picture myself with kids but there was also part of me wondering if we were "ready" because obviously it's such a big life change. Then when I went off the pill and it taking a while for things to go back to normal I am actually getting disappointed and impatient - in a way I didn't realise how much I wanted to fall pregnant until it didn't all just click like I had expected! I think it is pretty normal to be weighing it all up but if you get the travel bug, go for it, or if you decide you're as ready as you'll ever be for kids, go with that too. Good luck!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ElleDee For This Useful Post:

Lennon  (22-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Lennon, do you know what kind of traveller you are? If not it's a great idea to go on a trip before TTC-ing! Even a 1-2 week trip is plenty of time to help you work out what kind of traveller you are and that might help you decide if you should putt off TTC-ing for a year or 2?

DH and I try to go on one O/S holiday a year. I think this is something we can sustain even with a kidlet in tow because we are pretty chilled out travellers. We don't try to cram too much into a trip, prefer to spend time outdoors, are quite thrifty and are generally pretty good at dealing when things don't go according to plan (and they often don't!)

If however, we were into hardcore sightseeing or partying or really into luxury then obviously we'd try to get rid of the travel itch before TTC

Having said that though, I have no experience with travelling with kids as we're still TTC, 8 cycles and counting We did fit in a Europe trip while TTC and I heard the 2nd trimester is a great time to travel !

Edit: we're both 28
    Last edited by Silkentofu; 23-03-2015 at 15:29.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Silkentofu For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (25-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for all of your replies on the topic.

Well, DH and I have started to more actively start TTC right now, reason being that we just found out my dad has cancer He would love to see a grandchild in his lifetime, as he does not have any. So we are going to postpone the travel to a (much) later time in our lives and we are very content with the decision we have made I think...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Thanks everyone for all of your replies on the topic.

Well, DH and I have started to more actively start TTC right now, reason being that we just found out my dad has cancer He would love to see a grandchild in his lifetime, as he does not have any. So we are going to postpone the travel to a (much) later time in our lives and we are very content with the decision we have made I think...
    I'm so so sorry to hear about your dad. It's times like these you realise the importance of family over anything else in our lives.

I hope you have a short TTC journey and your Dad will see a grandchild really soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    I'm so so sorry to hear about your dad. It's times like these you realise the importance of family over anything else in our lives.

I hope you have a short TTC journey and your Dad will see a grandchild really soon.
    Thanks A-Squared. I know, DH and I were so caught up in travel and experiencing life but a death in the family as well as finding out dad's diagnosis has DEFINITELY opened our eyes to how important family is, to us now, more important than travel. My dad, just like other people we love, will not be here forever and we feel more than ever we need to cherish and enjoy the people around us, rather than places we could potentially visit.

It's still very early stages of my dad's diagnosis, and he could end up being able to live a long and happy life if we are lucky, but at the moment we just don't know Cancer is a terrible thing.

Thanks so much for your reply x