+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by New Hope View Post
    I would speak to the teacher first and tell her your son feel uncomfortable by what she is doing. Hopefully, it stops with her but if it didn't I would speak to the principal. My maiden name was German and was always picked on throughout school 😒 poor little guy.
    I wouldn't bring the child into it. I would say "I find it inappropriate and if it doesn't stop I will take it further."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

BbBbBh  (13-03-2015)

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    All my life i've been different. I have always had weird clothes, taste in music, hair styles as a posed to my peers. I was always bullied and still as an adult I get bullied a lot. Personally speaking… When you are different and you choose to express it you will be mocked and shamed constantly. My children are different and I reinforce to them everyday that no one owes them anything and that they need to ignore it.

I know it all sounds so against what society says but having been a person who's reacted to it for almost 30 years my peace finally came when I went look people are judging me and I don't care because that's the price I pay to be myself. You will never change other people's opinions and it will happen for the rest of your life if you are different. You need to help your son find ways to ignore it, block it out and nurture the fact that he is in control about who he is and no mater what others say it doesn't matter.