Closed Thread
Page 59 of 106 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes the research is scary keiko have to agree there, have read so much on it for so long and tried everything else but staying away from the grains as it seemed too difficult. I suppose thats why I didn't fight it too much when I saw the naturopath, my time was finally up lol! Definitely worth you checking things out if you have the thyroid issue too. Thats one of the things I am retesting again as well as the vitamin d. I remember the nurse at my clinic (she herself has pcos) discussing an endocrinologist, she recommended someone to me in Brisbane who was supposed to be amazing I think her name was Margie or Maggie or something similar. Its so hard to decide whats for the best isn't it, a huge mindfield of which we are in some ways left to work through ourselves.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Keiko2012 and @BecT. Finally starting to feel better now, still had to go to work today as there were already other staff away sick - always the way! Managed to finish early though.
    @Heyside, I'm glad you were able to get something out of your naturopath appt - good luck with the paleo diet!! I don't know if I could do it but I know if I was told it'll give me a better shot at having a baby I would definitely do my best at it!
    @BecT - I would call your FS if it looks like a surge is coming if you're wanting to get in this cycle. It may have just been very late?
    @Keiko2012 - I have mild pcos and bad endo - and funnily enough I've always had a feeling I might be gluten intolerant. Bloating etc after eating bread and pasta. I just never got around to getting tested. Maybe it's something to think about if this cycle doesn't work out with all of this immune treatment I'm doing.

Started my prednisone today. The amount of tablets I take daily are growing!! Prednisone 25mg, metformin 4 tabs/day, melatonin, baby aspirin, vitamin e, zinc, megafol,
    Fish oil, coq10, Berocca, inofolic. I feel like a walking chemist - you should see my bedside table!! I have my day 2 appt tomorrow and pick up my meds. Crazy that this ball is finally rolling!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ree888 For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (22-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Seems like a few of us are towards the sunny coast- definitely the place to be

Ree that is so exciting you get to start- I wish it was me. Can't believe the pill and HRT have stuffed my hormones. It happened when I first went off the pill 5 years ago- I didn't get AF for like 8 months. I'm so scared that's going to happen again!
    Theres clearly something wrong with me. Humph! I'm worried the pred will make me crazy and hungry if I ever get started- combined with synarel- God if my marriage can survive this then it's a good sign.

Ladies when you mention fertility endocrinologists do you mean drs with the cert in reproductive endocrinology (CREI I think it is)- I wanted to see one but it's a pretty rare qualification.
    I would try any diet if someone told me it had a good chance of working. I am a big believer in eating right although I whilst I do eat lots of good things I have a crazy sweet tooth. Who knows what actually changes egg quality though, if anything. Hmm but I guess something had to affect the egg quality to begin with so maybe something can help.
    I hate being a difficult case too. We were 27 at our first appointment and the FS looked so confident I thought it would be a piece of cake.
    Need to share my pet peeve of today- had to have another hormone blood test- had to be at work by 7.30 so got my butt out of bed at 6 to get to the path place by 6.55 and there's already a queue of geriatrics sitting in the waiting room before it was supposed to have even opened! You have all day retired people, all day! Then I went to another one and there was only one person ahead of me but the blood lady took 25 mins! She was still yapping away to the lady ahead of me so I had to ditch that plan and just leave to get to work. Then the pathology place across the road from work closed at 12 and I finally got a lunch break at 1.30 so that was a fail and then I finally found a place open til 5pm but the gps took me to the wrong spot at 4.55pm! Maybe I should give up and adopt more fur babies. The universe is telling me this.
    Rant over.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Heyside I went to Coles this pm and couldn't find anything organic. Well no chicken anyways. There was organic milk. I need to find some recipes and get my head around this no gluten thing. It's gonna be hard but am willing to give it a try. Wonder what endocrinologist they were referring too. I just googled searched and ended up with Clare boothroyd. Well that's if she will take me on ha ha. I'm really not expecting anything great from that appt (444 dollars worth.... With half a refund) but better to get it looked at now before realising there was something I was missing all along.

@Ree888 glad you are feeling better. I've actually been tested for coeliac disease twice and all bt's are normal. But I suppose the pcos link is still there and so prominent so could still influence that. And I hear you on the tabs. Sounds like my concoction. I've been pretty slack though recently and not really been taking any. I can't stand the berocca anymore, bler 😵

@BecT I agreed with Ree, maybe your surge is just delayed since your cycles are normally pretty long? Makes perfect sense to me. Let us know how you go with talking to Fs.

@Ducky01 I think of your marriage can withstand Ivf you're pretty right. All these emotional ups and downs are just plain horrid. Did you end up having your BT? Silly geriatrics- it's probably cause they can't sleep so up bright and early! Completely get that frustration. Hope you get it sorted soon 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Ree888 Happy getting started day! Sorry – I had it in my head that it was last week, but I’m glad it’s finally here in any case. We will be cheering you on bigtime!

@BecT Did you end up calling FS? It could be pretty normal if you have long cycles to start with. I usually ovulate on about CD18 and I’m fairly regular – just late-ish to O

@Ducky01 Oh I feel for you with the pathology place. I hate to think how many hours we would have spent in waiting rooms throughout all of this. RIDICULOUS. Good luck with the pred/synarel combo! Sounds like a winning cocktail lol. I swear synarel is the devil. I am a completely different person on that stuff.

@Heyside I’m glad things went well with the naturopath. I take NAC too and I’m a big fan. I have no idea if it’s helping with my eggs, but I reckon it has helped with my general health/immune system to have all those antioxidants wooshing around – esp during flu season.

@Keiko2012 Good luck with the new diet! It will be interesting to see if you feel any different. I’m on a mega health kick at the moment (or trying to be lol), just making sure I have loads of fresh veg, organic meats and reducing (but not cutting out) carbs. I have started drinking coffee again, but only every couple of days. I just enjoy it so much! Anyway, let us know how you get on.

Afm, not much to report. In terms of finding someone with the Certificate of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility (CREI) qualification there are three that I know of in brissie (but there could well be more I don't know about). The guy I will be going to see next month has it. It will interesting to see if he has any further insights…

Looking forward to catching up with you peeps on the weekend!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MrsChino - I think I know the dr you must be booked in with- as I looked into all docs with the CREI qualification when we moved up- I think that doc looks great. As for the female doc mentioned above by @Keiko2012 - I've heard very mixed things and she blatantly ignored my email plus was very expensive. Ugh it's so hard to know though right?! She could be a total brain. We can have a doc debrief on Sunday.

hope you called the clinic @BecT - I would have.

does anyone play phone tag all day with their clinic? I'm the worst- I can never answer at work when they call and then I lock myself in a toilet or hunt down a quiet corner to call back because I dont exactly want to be overheard discussing ovulation and oestrogen levels and then they are busy/engaged etc.
    anyway good result from today's phone call- I can start synarel at the end of the week. This is probably not good news actually as it's going to be bloody awful but hey at least it's a step forward. Hello menopausal crazy lady.
    should we aim for mid morningish (10.30 or so?) On Sunday somewhere in southbank?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Ducky01 oh no I better look into it again as I will need a referral so might look into the other two. Is the other one with QFG? I wonder whether I should change to him in this case. Problem is id like to find out if there is a problem sooner then later as we probnalu will cycle in October. Argh. This process is never easy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think the other one I was looking at was Ben kroon at eve health. I guess I have night shift to decide who I should go with!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Right, so apparently Ben is the way to go from reviews. Some of the other endocrinologists were horrible- thanks @Ducky01 I owe you! Should have looked at reviews earlier, lol.

Not so sure about the diet. I don't think I have the persistence. Day 1 completely failed of no carbs and just about made it worse. I think I'll just relax it and cut it down for now until I see a naturopath. Gotta cut myself some slack- I've been stressing way too much about it all and I'm sure that's not helpful either. Also looking forward to the catch up and 10 ish sounds great. Now to decide on a place. Anybody know any good ones? Haven't been to Southbank for a while- I Know there's plenty.

Thanks
    Reviews
    After a crazy, overwhelming morning at the doctors rooms yesterday I have all my meds and started jabbing yesterday. I'm on gonal-f and lucerin and also have take progynova as well since my hormones have been completely wound down to help things along. Getting ready this morning to go to St Andrews for my first intralipid infusion.
    DP didn't ask for time off in time to come with me yesterday and I didn't mind originally, but I came out of the offices feeling completely emotionally overwhelmed and was upset she wasn't there to share the load. I think everything about this is so totally different to what I am used to and after all that I had to rush into work for an all day meeting and try to squeeze my meds into this tiny little bar fridge that had everyone's lunch in it!! Anyway all good now, we talked last night and we're fine. I think the pred is messing with my head a little...gah these next few weeks are going to be hell!!