Closed Thread
Page 58 of 106 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi ladies, sorry have been awol again after seeing the naturopath. Just a quick post for now to let you know how things went. She was pretty good and went through my full history of pcos, Ivf and diet. I have been put on the paleo diet which I have been trying to get my head around for the last week, I haven't started it properly yet but have organised the weeks meals for it. Currently spending a few days in the city with DH's work so not the best time to start. She has also changed my pre conception vitamins added in a vit c supplement, N-Acetyl-Cysteine and something else. She seems to think she will bring on natural ovulation and maybe even I will conceive naturally. This is where I am skeptical I really dont think she will work miracles after my history. We are powering ahead with our other testing and hope to start another cycle within a couple of months. Have to say I am feeling healthier since starting my exercise and stopping the dairy 3 weeks ago but have lost weight and am now under my bmi so hoping the paleo diet will improve this when I start cooking up some of the snack food I have found.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That sounds like a positive step forward @Heyside! Fingers crossed that some of these changes are just what you need. Feeling healthier is a good start Gosh, my bmi is 30 right now worse than ever.

So today (if we hadn't cancelled) would be cd19. I have been using the clearblue digital ovulation test and this morning is the first time i have had the flashy smiley face and little cm. Do you think it is worth calling my fs if i detect an LH surge over the next few weeks or leave it? I know i have always needed to stim longer doing ivf (despite ohss) but he expected before now with clomid. I don't know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    BecT - sorry to hear about your cancelled cycle, very frustrating.

Also sorry to hear about the disappointing appointments with fs, I understand how frustrating it is to be classed as a difficult case, I definitely carry that label.

Thanks
    Reviews
    As for the catch up you ladies are planning, I will see what I can do. Might be a little difficult being up on the coast, shame it wasnt yesterday with me being in the city anyway for a few days. If not this time maybe next time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Heyside. Certainly frustrated but he thinks we are close. My weight gain and pcos is frustrating because everytime i seem to respond differently? Heading into the city now for my psychologist appointment so having a morning to myself

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks BecT, its so frustrating how pcos can be so different for everyone and there is not one answer that fits all, I seem to react so differently also each cycle. I would definitely contact your fs if you detect a surge they may be able to go ahead worth a try. Hope your appointment goes well and you enjoy the morning and the time to yourself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good news about the appt @Heyside. The whole paleo diet has also been playing on my mind and I am thinking about doing it. Considering seeing a naturopath in Brisbane although the coast is just as close to me. I just don't know what the heck I am supposed to eat as I do love my breads. And I only eat chicken as meat. I don't eat red meat. More fish I guess. Pcos is definitely a bigger evil than I initially thought!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck at your appt @BecT. Nice that you get to have some time to yourself! Very important and I'm sure very wel deserved. Hope the appt goes well 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Keiko2012 - I have to say its not as scary as I first thought, she actually told me that it wasnt essential to cut out dairy as long as I used good organic full fat variety. I had already cut that out though so going to stick with that. Its mainly about using ingredients and cooking things up yourself there are substitute breads you can make but not sure how they taste the jury is still out lol! You can eat chicken it just needs to be organic (so worried its going to be costing me a fortune). I found lots of organic meat in coles over the weekend which was good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have done so much research today my head is spinning! 😮 turns out this whole gluten free and pcos thing is really a thing. And apparently most people with pcos are gluten intolerant and also have thyroid issues. Well that's me with the thyroid too. So now I've looked into an fertility endocrinologist and will get a referral from the gp on Wednesday after I harass her on mthfr gene, vit d levels etc. also looked at naturopaths. I just feel like I have no idea where to start anymore and whether any vitamins I'm taking are of any use. And I'm not sure if 6 weeks prep will make any difference to egg quality. Argh so much info!

Hope you're feeling better @BecT!