Closed Thread
Page 52 of 106 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside thanks so much you have put my mind at ease! One of the ladies on another thread said that because they're done at the day hospital she didn't have to pay anything as it was an inpatient procedure. So $100 is not too bad and free is even better so I'm much more relaxed about it now thank goodness how are you doing?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ree888 For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (09-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Glad to hear your mind has been easef Ree888, its awful isn't it that we have to balance each new procedure/medication with the bonus it will have to our cycle with the extra money it will cost us, this whole ivf business is crippling us . Hopefully it will be manageable for you hun. As for me not much going on at the moment just waiting for our naturopath appointment on Wednesday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh my, the thread is getting big and I am having trouble keeping up with my scattered brain! This is why I didn't last in the monthly threads lol. I am thinking we are at the stage where a roll call is necessary!
    @StillHopeful I am sorry this month didn't work out I can't believe the rotten luck everyone has been having!
    @Heyside all the best for your naturopath appointment. I've never been before so interested to hear what they can do to help. Hopefully they have some great ideas
    @keiko and @MrsChino How are you doing? What's the next step for you now? I hope you are both travelling okay xoxo

I am so sorry for not getting to everyone - I am not very good at following along at the best of times. Day 11 today and freaking out already. Scan on Tuesday morning to see how things are looking and will hopefully find out when transfer is likely. I have been so very anxious this time around and am driving myself crazy! I had acupuncture the other day which was nice although still found it hard to relax. Planning to go on transfer day as I haven't in the past and happy to do whatever I can to help things along.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BecT For This Useful Post:

StillHopeful  (09-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @BecT don't worry about catching up all the time- just do it whenever you are ready. There is no pressure in this thread. Some days we just feel like posting others not so much so just see how you go (well that's me anyway).

I'm sorry to hear this has been an anxious cycle for you. It's tough isn't it. But at the same time you are trying something new- the whole acupuncture thing, I see it this way - it doesn't do any harm and there is research out there suggesting it helps. So apart from spending $$$ on Acupuncture treatments I think it's definitely worth it. Are you doing a Natural FET? Hoping your appointment tomorrow goes well. We need some positive vibes in this thread BecT so it's all on you now
    @Heyside, let us know how you go on Wednesday. I haven't tried a naturopath and its the only thing I can think of doing different in future cycles- so would be interesting to see what you think of it.
    @StillHopeful, thinking of you hun. LIFE JUST SUCKS! But at this stage you still have hope. You have 2 embies in that freezer and you just never know if one might just not be your take home baby. It's just a game of russian roulette in the meantime. And the digging of a financial grave.....
    @MrsChino how are you going? How did your follow up appt go? Have you got a plan of attack for your future cycle?
    @Ree888 the financial worries are huge. It's terrible when they recommend a treatment or procedure and the first thing you think of is "and how much is this going to cost me"?
    @Ducky01 thanks for the recommendations on myoinositol, I'm not on it so will find out where I can get it from and add it to my cocktail. I think I'm also changing CoQ10 to ubiquinol (apparently absorption is much better). Gee I feel like I'm becoming a pharmacist researching all these drugs and making my own cocktails. Yes, I work in healthcare, paediatrics to be exact- which makes this journey harder then ever. I have daily reminders of what I can't have and add to that half of the staff are pregnant- it's not making my work overly enjoyable at this stage..

Welcome @nhungsino hoping this is your lucky cycle!

AFM just researching what I can do to improve egg quality, looking into new donors and different cocktails of vitamins. I have my post IVF fail appt tomorrow afternoon.... We'll see how that goes. I'm looking forward to it- yet dreading it. Also taking a break from acupuncture- the cost is just not viable in the longterm and my health fund has reached its limit. Time to slow down and find other things in life to enjoy.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Keiko2012 For This Useful Post:

BecT  (10-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @keiko. Doing a minimal stim cycle (clomid and trigger). Going to ask tomorrow if there is any advantage to maybe chucking in some Crinone. I need this to work! Prior to our February/March cycle I took ubiquinol. It was the Swisse brand absorb well CoQ10. Not sure if he helped but we got 3 blasties out of 7 embryos which I was very happy with so maybe? Anything is worth a shot. I hear you on finding other things to enjoy. Binge eating has been a nightmare here! I need something else.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BecT For This Useful Post:

Keiko2012  (10-08-2015),StillHopeful  (12-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    BecT - Thanks hun will let you know how we go. Good luck for tomorrow's scan, hope all is looking good and you get the transfer date. I say go for the acupuncture have heard it can increase chances, I have only had one session in the past and everyone told me how relaxing it would be but I found it difficult to relax too, maybe more sessions will help you.

Keiko - Will let you know how Wednesday goes, will be very cautious this time as when we saw a naturopath in the past we felt we spent a lot of money for nothing so will see if this is any different, maybe it depends on the individual you see, just happy this one works alongside my clinic and shares results etc. I have just spent my weekend reading up on myoinositol as well (funny how I spend my spare time now lol) and have read some very interesting stuff sounds like it's definitely worth adding into the mix, was going to ask the naturopath about it on Wed so will let you know. The clinic also mentioned swapping to the active forms of cq10 and fish oil (which I presume is similar to the on you mentioned) so will be asking about that too. Good luck for tomorrows appointment can understand you looking forward to it but still dreading it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

BecT  (11-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey lovely people!

@BecT Don’t worry about keeping up when it gets busy – I struggle too sometimes and just pop in when I can. Good luck for your scan tomorrow – fingers crossed everything is spot on to gear up for transfer.

@Keiko2012 Good luck with your appointment tomorrow. Mine is tomorrow as well so I can relate to the excitement/dread of it all. I’m all nervous for some reason which is weird, because I’ve seen FS about a bajillion times over the past 2 years and he’s not a scary man at all! I guess I’m just worried that he’ll say he can’t do anything more for me. Ugh.

@Heyside Hope the naturopath appointment goes well on Wed. I understand your reservations - it’s so hard to know what is going to help or not. I did acupuncture and Chinese herbs weekly for 4 months leading up to my last cycle, but I’ve stopped now. I didn’t really feel that it helped with the particular issues I wanted help with, and it was expensive to maintain. Other than that, I’m taking all the usual supplements and trying (often failing!) to eat well and exercise. Meh. It all feels a bit futile sometimes!

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrsChino For This Useful Post:

BecT  (11-08-2015),Heyside  (11-08-2015),Keiko2012  (10-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies - super excited to say I just had my last zoladex injection - yay!! They were truly awful. I have to get some local anesthetic before they put the Zoladex in as otherwise it is excruciating!! But anyway - all over now and I am looking forward to having some lady hormones back, as strange as that sounds!! Just waiting for my day 2 appt next Tuesday and this ball is rolling!! I realized yesterday that I was supposed to start melatonin last Wednesday - whoops completely missed it on my plan! Turns out it has to be made at a compounding pharmacy so I can't get it til tomorrow. I hope it doesn't matter too much...sorry for the me post - just over the moon to be finally on the home stretch to starting this cycle!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ree888 For This Useful Post:

StillHopeful  (12-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay @Ree888 glad you're nearly starting! Very exciting. 😊

@Heyside - yep taking a whole bunch of vitamins including fish oil. Wonder if some brands are better than others as my acupuncturist once asked me what vitamin e I was taking...and mentioned something along the lines that most vitamins aren't good quality. Gosh so much worry. Who the heck thought I'd be worrying about vitamins. I've actually had a break from them too. Was just getting too much. And gosh I hate the berocca. Wonder if I should swap back to a pregnancy vitamin.

Had a chat to the embryologist this pm. Found out our donor had 3 children -
    So obviously has worked for others. She actually said in terms of fertilisation my first cycle was better with gonal f than menopur. And both cycles sort of followed the same path. Fragmentation day 2... Downhill from there. Also requested new donor lists. Gosh there's even less choice than the first time we did this. 😟 so feeling over this atm. I'm also dreading the conversation that there might be not much more they can do @MrsChino. Even though I haven't had as many cycles as you. Guess tomorrow I'll be a little wiser.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck with your appointments ladies!! I was really anxious before my last one whereas Im not normally.
    Ree- have you started your pred yet?! I'm wondering if it will send me crazy. I have bloods to check ovulation tomorrow and then I start down regulating after that so sort of some action for me but it will be menopausal action!

short post tonight- off to bed as have my hysteroscopy etc verrrry early in the morning.
    hope everyone is going ok!