Closed Thread
Page 29 of 106 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awww @Keiko2012 Hang in there love. It's been such a terribly hard slog - it's no wonder you're over it. This stuff really does take a big toll, no matter how tough a person is. I don't know if it helps at all, but some people find their response and egg quality is better with menopur - I know mine was, so I'm on it again this time. And 30 July will be here before you know it, although I know it doesn't feel like it. I hope the rest of today is kind to you and that tomorrow is a bit brighter.

And I hear you on the work fridge situation! I hate that. My drugs are currently taped up in an internal mail envelope in the crisper drawer in my work kitchen. Lots of people work on my floor, so it could belong to anyone, but putting it in and getting out discreetly is hard!

ETA - I just saw your post about the meds! Dammit! Can you get them from anywhere else?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well it's not like there's a hurry with them really. I just wanted to get it over and done with and the nurse wanted to show me how to reconstitute it. She knows I'm a nurse and I said I'm sure I can do this myself.... But as its my first one she's insiting on showing me. I left frustrated and told the pharmacist to call down and tell them I won't be coming down for the meds. Now in the car I realised I need to pick up all my paperwork that I left down there... just so so over this!!! why does it need to be so feicken hard to have a child. 😡 balling my eyes out in a car park of a shopping centre won't help. So I better get my **** out of the car and have a coffee or something. Ps apparently I have lost 3 kg on my fs scales! I wish... Ha ha! He looked at me and said did you loose weight? I'm like errr no but I do like your scales! Will have to try the work ones later lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    And we are out of sperm as well.. The donor better still be available.... Just to add to the dramas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh keiko so sorry to hear you feel so down about the result of your long awaited appointment. This journey is definitely crap at times, just when you can't take anymore something else gets thrown at us. Really hoping when you finally get your medication and start cycling you begin to feel more positive. Time should hopefully move quickly too when you are in cycle and you start counting down the days again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys. I'm glad the Menopur actually makes a difference to egg quality. Wonder why they don't just use it for everybody? Also starting metformin again did this with my IUI's. Didn't ask him why though. And didn't ask him whether I can take the melatonin with all these meds. Guess it should be fine? I also asked him whether there is anything that I can do but he didn't answer so guess there's just not much more I can do. I do drink socially but have been cutting down- but on days like these I just feel like some! And I drink coffee. One or 2 a day. Max 3 if I'm at work some days. Tried getting off it once but I was living in agony for 4 days with migraines. I knwk that's the withdrawal. And I'm prone to migraines and coffee does help, so don't wanna give it up completely if ot doesn't overly affect anything. Has anyone's fs gone into details of caffeine affecting anything?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Keiko2012 I asked my FS about coffee (I normally have 1 flat white a day) and he said that was fine and there was no need to stop. He doesn't believe it makes a big difference unless you are drinking large amounts. He did say to be mindful of caffeine from other sources that I might be having in addition to coffee (soft drink, tea etc) as it all adds up. That said, I have cut way back on coffee over the past few months and only drink it every 2-3 days now - it probably makes no difference whatsoever, but I guess I just wanted to feel like I had done everything I could within my control you know?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I've been reading through this thread and found comfort in seeing some names I recognized from last year. Sorry to still see you but also nice to be around some familiar people.
    I am coming up to my third overall cycle in Aug/Sept and have changed my FS to the famous Wazza. I am on zoladex which is an implant that blocks hormones, to try and get my endo under control before going in. I have also been taking countless vitamins and supplements and metformin to prepare my body. Fingers crossed this makes the difference this time around.
    Wishing everyone all the best, and thankyou for this thread! Xx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ree888 For This Useful Post:

nhungsino  (19-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG @Ree888!!! Well hello there! I've been wondering how you were love I'm glad Wazza has a plan for you - fingers crossed the zoladex has done the trick with your endo. I did something similar with 3 months of synarel before my last cycle, and when FS did my ectopic surgery in March he had a good look around and could see any new visible endo - miracle of miracles! I'm sure it will be back, but the long-term synarel seems to have bought me some time. Good luck for your cycle, and look forward to chatting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @MrsChino!! Good to hear that synarel did the trick for your endo but I'm so sorry to hear about your ectopic 😔 that would have been hell. I'm so scared that the day I finally get a positive that something will go wrong. Glad to hear you're back on the wagon now and I can't wait to hear about your progress.
    This time around I am taking a whole month off work - being a manager and doing ivf was just too hard last year. So bring on the 24th of August!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ree888 - Welcome hun, I am thinking of moving to see wazza if this cycle doesn't work, we have an appointment for October unless we get a free appointment between this cycle and then. Is he as good as we have heard? Hope the new protocol works for you and your endo. Can understand you taking a month off work think that's a good plan, I did my two full stimulated cycles whilst working part time and that was hard enough.

AFM - Transfer day is finally here. I know they say its not necessary but dh has taken a few days off to help with dd and we plan a few days of no stress and relaxation. Hoping my lucky last embryo decides to stick around.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

StillHopeful  (08-07-2015)