Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Soooooo close now @Keiko2012!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Scans in Brissy

Hi everyone!

A little about me... my husband and I did our 1st ICSI cycle (due to MFI) in March and got a BFP! Unfortunately it ended with a mmc @ 9 weeks

We've just used our one frozen emby and I'm pretty sure that'll end in a BFN (I have my blood test tomorrow to confirm).

We use Primary IVF in Sydney and for our next cycle that we'll start at the end of the month I'll be staying here in Brissy except for the EC and transfer... I'm just wondering where you all get your monitoring scans done?
    (The first cycle I stayed in Sydney so I had them at the clinic.)

Thanks in advance & I hope you are all on your way to your BFP's

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @del84

Sorry for your loss A few of us here are familiar with that devastation. All my monitoring scans were done by my fs in his office although one or two I had at the clinic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @del84 My FS does all my scans too. However, I do know that Qld Ultrasound for Women in Spring Hill offers ivf tracking scanning because I saw it on the referral form when I had a scan there earlier in the year. Maybe give them a call and ask? All the very best for your cycle!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my egg transfer with one perfect 8 cell embryo today (td 3) and took the day off to stick my feet up in the air (apparently, this is completely not necessary, but my brain didn't want to comprehend this).

I kind of regretted bringing my hubby for the procedure - I thought it would a romantic bonding experience, but nope, there is nothing romantic about someone sticking metal bits up into your... bits. I am still glad that he was there though, because I was so, so nervous that I forgot to answer7 didn't hear the questions from the nurses and doctor.

Now, the waiting begins.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news @Poppyseedlove! Hopefully your emby is getting nice and comfy in there. I hope the TWW goes quickly and is as kind to you as it can be I know what you mean about it not being terribly romantic - my first transfer I commented on the lack of romance and FS joked that he hadn't even bought me dinner first, but I could always go and have a post-transfer ciggie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hooray for being PUPO! Haha, nope certainly not romantic. First transfer I had to tell dh to shut his mouth for 5 because he kept making me laugh and i was so scared the speculum was going to shoot across the room lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Poppyseedlove - Agree with your Fs hun, the two cycles I have done I have got a huge amount of eggs but I don't think the quality is as good as it could be, the first cycle no embryos even made it to freeze. Congratulations on your transfer great feeling to be PUPO, I think you were right to take the day off you deserve to chill. Agree not very romantic experience but great that you can say you were both there.

Keiko - Not long at all now hun good luck the wait is nearly over.

Del84 - Welcome hun, hoping you get a nice surprise from your current cycle. Have your clinic in Sydney not got any links with clinics here that they could refer you too, maybe worth asking.

Can I ask if any of you ladies taking progesterone support have suffered any pain down there (sorry tmi). I have experienced this in the past post transfer but this has started before that point, putting it down to progesterone due to my increased dose. It's like an ache but every now and then I get a shooting pain which stops me in my tracks. Research online seems to put it down to crinone.