Closed Thread
Page 25 of 106 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @BecT I reckon the counsellor sounds like a good idea love. I have a lot of worry and anxiety about all of this so have toyed with the idea of seeing one myself - this is a dead set hard journey, no doubt about it.

The synarel is because I'm doing a long down regulation cycle, rather than antagonist. Basically, you start sniffing about a week before AF is due, and then you start jabbing while continuing the synarel until trigger day. The synarel suppresses the pituitary gland so your own hormone activity is minimised, allowing greater control of the cycle. It also stops you ovulating, so you don't need to take orgalutran. I did 2 antagonist cycles where I didn't respond well at all, so for our last one FS changed approach and did a long down reg. I responded waaay better so we're doing it again. It takes longer, and the synarel (otherwise known as sh!teral or angry spray in this house) is nasty, but I guess it just comes down to how people respond to the different drug combos? Anyway, hopefully it does the trick this time

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsChino For This Useful Post:

BecT  (05-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, I thought I join in! I started my first IVF cycle in June and had my egg retrieval on Friday (4 out of 5 eggs fertilized). Is anyone else currently waiting for their egg transfer?

Boy, my scale has been working hard in the last week or so - 2 kg weight gain oO. That's in addition to the 4-6 kg I managed to gain in the last 1 1/2 years through various hormones (and let's be honest, chocolate). I know it is all worth it though .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi and welcome @Poppyseedlove! Hope those embies are busily growing away for you. When will your transfer be? I hear you on the weight thing. I'm easily 6-7 kg above my pre-ivf weight too. Ah well, I just keep thinking hopefully I'm about to gain a heck of a lot more and I can worry about it after I've had a baby!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Poppyseedlove Exciting times with transfer coming up! Wishing you the best of luck!

Haha I just ate chocolate for breakfast. I stopped stepping on the scales. Eeek!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome @Poppyseedlove 😊. Congrats on the embryos! When is ET?

@BecT!!!! Chocolate for breakfast and stepping on scales!? 😂 Heres a combination you don't hear too often ha ha ha!

I am hanging out for my appt with fs on Tuesday. Every morning I get up my head goes... 3 more sleep, 2 more sleeps. Lol. I just want a plan! I am the most impatient person. Ivf and me I have decided just don't mix! And after a year my patience is thinning he he.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Keiko2012 I can SO relate to the FS appt countdown! I marked the start date of this cycle on a calendar and kept it my desk drawer. Every morning I'd take great pleasure in crossing off a day and I'd think 'only xx days to go'. Ha! I though I was the only one

Thanks
    Reviews
    And chocolate for breakfast @BecT? I like your style, lady!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha @MrsChino, good to see I'm not the only nutter 😉 - people do this for their weddings and holidays and we count down to appointments and injections, EPU, transfers and BT's! Only 2 more SLEEPS .... 😝 wish it was 2 more until ET!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha, I couldn't resist as it was pretzel and peanut!

Omg it is like counting down until Christmas hey! It is driving me MENTAL not having a date to count down to because my cycle is so unpredictable. I am the same as you @keiko and have to have a plan. It's part impatience and part control freak lol. If i have a plan i can deal but too much of this process is out of our hands

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mrs Chino - I am on long down regulated cycles too even with my FET's so use the synarel and the pill a month before I start that too, it seems to be so much longer and drawn out meaning it's taken me 6 months to have 3 FET's. So can definitely sympathise with counting down the days to each step of the way.

Poppyseedlove - Welcome hun, great news on your fert rate. When is your transfer scheduled for? I will be having a FET on Wednesday so we can survive the tww together.

Keiko - Can relate to the waiting hun, nearly there though so not much longer.

BecT - Chocolate in the morning sounds like me, In past cycles I have been so good eating all the right food s and even forcing down an eggs day (I hate eggs) but for some reason I have been hopeless this time around. After 2 and as half years I am over it.