Closed Thread
Page 14 of 106 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @BecT In relation to the pill - you can definitely take it for a shorter time if you need to (if your FS is happy of course). We want to have the option for pgd this time, which means that EPU needs to be on a Monday. The particular Monday we chose means that I'll only be on active pills for 16 days instead of 21 and will have a shorter cycle. Something to ask about maybe?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsChino For This Useful Post:

BecT  (16-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MrsChino do they do pgd testing and do a transfer at your clinic? At ours it's an instant freeze cycle for pgd testing. Will be a freeze cycle for me anyway cause of ohss so I guess that doesn't change. I guess it's a lot of money but will save you money down the track by not implanting genetically incapable embryos. And you get to find out the sex!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @MrsChino I should ask about that. My very first cycle af was awol so he gave me primolut for 10 days then af was 2 or 3 days later.

PGD is so expensive!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, they can proceed with a fresh transfer with pgd at my clinic. Basically, EPU occurs on the Monday, a cell is removed from each embryo for testing on the Friday morning and sent down to Melbourne (embryos stay here), and then transfer goes ahead on the Saturday around lunchtime if any normal embryos are found. We are still undecided at this point, since almost all of our embryos arrest by day 3 anyway. We’ll wait and see what we end up with, and then make the decision – but by booking it in at least we’ll have the option if we want to go for it on the day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like a good plan @MrsChino 😀 with the cost of Ivf you'd think pgd was included these days! I wonder if Medicare subsidised any of it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Keiko2012 For This Useful Post:

MrsChino  (16-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can't believe how exxy pgd is!
    A little disappointed in out fert rate, only 10 out of 18 fertilised
    Hoping by some miracle at least half make it, but not confident at all.
    I was sick a bit last night, hoping it passes soon though! I remember last time I got a bit of ohss it was the 2nd day after EPU, so hoping tomorrow goes okay 😁 dunno if it's related but my ankles, wrists and thighs are aching? I also had hot/cold flushes last night. If we don't get a Baby out of this I'm going to be cranky haha!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @StillHopeful that's still good! We also had 10 fert from 16. They were really happy with that. Hoping they make it from
    Now on. When do yours normally arrest? Do you get to find out or have to wait until they freeze them. Yeah pgd is expensive but I guess it'll save on fet cycles as you know the ones you are transferring are comparable with life and stop wasting money and time on transfers in the meantime. This whole Ivf business is so exxy. hope you're feeling better soon. I've had a terrible nights sleep so really unmotivated today and have already had a nap on the couch. Lol. So much to do but oh so tired lol.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Keiko2012 For This Useful Post:

StillHopeful  (16-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Keiko. Last time 6 of 6 Fertilised but then 4 were fragmented. I don't think there's any more updates until Friday. And they freeze day 4? Does monash? I asked if they can grow them out one more day, she said I have to speak with doc C. So I'll try ring tomorrow. I just think another day might sort them out a bit more on which aren't going to work. I can't do pgd because I'm not a monash patient, I'd have to transfer to them and I can't afford it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi stillhopeful. It's super disappointing isn't it? I had 19 collected, 10 fertilised and only 3 made it to day 5. Im young and have no fertility issues either so I was pretty upset. But right now I have one perfect emby on board and it's already showing up BFP. As long as you have one good one you have a chance so stay positive

Thanks
    Reviews
    @StillHopeful It's disappointing when the numbers drop off, hey. Mine always do too. But you still have a good solid number so there's plenty of room for hope yet, I reckon. Hopefully your bub will be there amongst those 10