Closed Thread
Page 1 of 106 1231151101 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Brisbane IVF'ers 2015

Hi guys!

I just thought I'd start a new thread for people in Brisbane going through IVF to hang out and support one another. I know there is an old thread from a few years ago but it's not very active these days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey @Keiko2012 I'll come and hang out here. How are you going? I saw on the other thread that you were having some issues with a cyst? What a bugger! would it be possible to go on the pill straight away to try and shrink it down rather than waiting a month to see if it goes by itself? It's such a blow when all you want to do is get going. I did 2 cycles with a large endometrioma on one of my ovaries before getting it removed surgically and then waiting 3 months on synarel. The waiting sucked b*lls bigtime

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah bloody unlucky I saw you are pregnant! Congratulations. Those hcg numbers look fab. Wishing you all the best for it. When is your next bt or scan?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hoping I can convince FS to let me go on the pill. Psychologically I need to have something happen soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Keiko2012 I can totally understand that. I would be the same and just want to get it sorted ASAP. When will you speak to the FS again?

Thanks also for the congrats. I feel like I'm on a knife edge though, and every twinge sends my heart racing. My levels are still pretty low and FS hasn't dropped the idea of ectopic yet. My anxiety is out of control and unfortunately all the usual things I would do to help are off limits! Can't have a hot bath, massage, or even a glass of wine! Deep breathing and meditating are not cutting the mustard either. Ah well. Absolutely nothing I can do but wait, I know, I know

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MrsChino - sorry for the late reply. We were away on the weekend and I find it harder to reply on my phone- as I usually delete it and have to write it a whole 3 times!

I just read on the other forum that you had an ectopic pregnancy. I am truly sorry. It sounds awful - not only getting your hopes up that you got a positive pregnancy test and hcg was increasing, and then to find out is was ectopic The only positive currently is that your ovary didn't have to be removed. I am sending you big and wishing you a speedy recovery.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Keiko2012 For This Useful Post:

MrsChino  (18-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Keiko2012. It sure has been a suckful couple of days. Any news on managing your cyst? This journey is just not fair on anyone.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsChino For This Useful Post:

Keiko2012  (21-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Decided to go on BCP. Fs said he doesn't think it'll make much difference but I want to give anything a shot and not waste anymore time than I need to. If its not gone next month it's onto primolut and if that doesn't do the trick surgery. I think it's 6cmx 3cm. I can feel some minor pulling/pain on it sometimes- kinda hoping for it to burst. But then I had some on the other side too and paranoid I'm getting one on that side too :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MrsChino how are you feeling after your op? Hoping you are feeling better. You are too right this journey is tough for all. Wish it would just work first go for all, no emotional and financial stresses required! Hoping your are having a lovely weekend

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Keiko2012 I'm feeling ok all things considered. A bit sore and tired and emotionally all over the place. I'll be totally fine and then the tears will come out of nowhere. And then an hour later I'll feel fine again. I guess that's to be expected for a while though.

In other news, how humid is it?! It's like frigging January! Think I'll be spending the day in the aircon watching movies. Blech - too sticky for me.