+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Did your child have recurring croup and/or bronchiolitis?

As the title says, did your child get croup and/bronchiolitis frequently as a baby? Was a reason ever found for it?

DS is 7.5mo and has had croup about 5 times in the last 4 months, the most recent bout was accompanied by bronchiolitis. He's a noisy breather, coughs even when well (wet junky cough), and struggles with solids that are thicker than runny purées.

We're getting a bunch of tests done but was wondering if anyone else went through this with their bub?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My daughter is 19 months and has had croup 6 times. Its awful.
    The second she gets a runny nose croup kicks in that night.
    DD is allergic to eggs, strawberries, grass and pollen so maybe they are linked.
    Last edited by Lincolns mummy; 12-03-2015 at 15:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My dd2 was hospitalized/PICU for bronchiolotis at 5wks old. She has never gotten sick with croup or a recurrent infection. She is now 2.5yo.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    My oldest had croup 7 times in her first year and my youngest had bronchiolititis four times in 8 months. Both are just horrid so I feel for you. There was never any reason as to why they got it so often but the paed did say that DS2's prematurity might have been a contributing factor. Neither of them had any gagging issues though. Hope you can get to the bottom of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm no allergies that we're aware of and DS wasn't prem. I'm just a bit worried that it's something bad. Initially the paed wasn't too worried but then he called me a few hours after our appointment to say he'd been going through DSs notes since birth and wanted to investigate further.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD3 continuously got croup and croup like coughs as a baby. Originally they put it down to asthma but we didn't think that was the cause. We cut out dairy and bread and she hasn't been sick since.
    Hopefully your doctor can find the cause.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    Hmm no allergies that we're aware of and DS wasn't prem. I'm just a bit worried that it's something bad. Initially the paed wasn't too worried but then he called me a few hours after our appointment to say he'd been going through DSs notes since birth and wanted to investigate further.
    I know it's hard not to worry but it's great that the paed is being thorough. Do let us know how you get on xx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

beebs  (17-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You say he is a noisy breather. My niece was a noisy breather and was diagnosed with a floppy larynx. Maybe look into that? The good news with that is, it corrects itself by about 12 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyG4 View Post
    DD3 continuously got croup and croup like coughs as a baby. Originally they put it down to asthma but we didn't think that was the cause. We cut out dairy and bread and she hasn't been sick since.
    Hopefully your doctor can find the cause.
    DS is on AllerPro formula (for CMPI) and only tolerates well puréed solids. He likes food, seems to like lots of different tastes and is super keen, but he gags to the point of vomiting every time he tries to eat anything that's not really smooth. He has lost a little bit of weight so I can't have him vomiting all the time.

Whenever I start thinking about it all I just want to pick him up and give him a big hug.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    DS is on AllerPro formula (for CMPI) and only tolerates well puréed solids. He likes food, seems to like lots of different tastes and is super keen, but he gags to the point of vomiting every time he tries to eat anything that's not really smooth. He has lost a little bit of weight so I can't have him vomiting all the time.

Whenever I start thinking about it all I just want to pick him up and give him a big hug.
    Big hugs to you too, hope you can get it sorted