+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Trooper View Post
    Agree, feeding rooms are usually rather disgusting.

I'm all for grab a latte, sit at a coffee shop, flop out a boob, and feed in comfort
    Yep same. My DS is now 20 months and I've gone from being happy to feed anywhere to scared to feed anywhere but at home now that he is older.

I know I will get judged and am ashamed that I feel that way!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Trooper View Post
    Agree, feeding rooms are usually rather disgusting.

I'm all for grab a latte, sit at a coffee shop, flop out a boob, and feed in comfort
    This is me too! The barista at my local coffee shop even puts brings my coffee out with a lid and all cause usually dd was getting antsy I couldn't stand there waiting for the coffee to be ready.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feed in public, but my problem is with expressing breast milk at work! I can't whip the pump out at a café. The parents rooms are tiny, stinky baby change rooms. Or I've been told to use the disabled toilets. It's still a toilet, damnit! I'm not going to prepare my dinner in the loo so why should I pump and bottle my baby's dinner there?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to EvilWombatQueen For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (13-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by waterlily View Post
    Yep same. My DS is now 20 months and I've gone from being happy to feed anywhere to scared to feed anywhere but at home now that he is older.

I know I will get judged and am ashamed that I feel that way!
    Don't worry @waterlily I felt the same once dd hit 12 months.
    I was a proud breastfeeder initially but as she got older it started to feel like more of a private thing between us- and I thought people would judge thinking that shes old enough now to either stop or wait till we get home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I still feed my two year old wherever I am. I keep forgetting that people don't think it's normal and I should be ashamed, it's just normal for us. I don't even use a cover, clearly I'm an exhibitionist! Hahaha

Sent from my C6603 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by LotusMum View Post
    I still feed my two year old wherever I am. I keep forgetting that people don't think it's normal and I should be ashamed, it's just normal for us. I don't even use a cover, clearly I'm an exhibitionist! Hahaha

Sent from my C6603 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    This is me too. He is almost 3 and we only stopped day time feeding last month. Up until than I fed him where ever whenever.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I totally agree with the sentiment of this article. It's totally unacceptable for women to be expected to feed their babies in a toilet/nursing room that stinks like a toilet.

That being said ... I politley and respectfully wonder how many women use a stinky public toilet with pee and what not on be floor, then don't take their shoes off when they enter their house that their bub is crawling around in......?...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I totally agree with the sentiment of this article. It's totally unacceptable for women to be expected to feed their babies in a toilet/nursing room that stinks like a toilet.

That being said ... I politley and respectfully wonder how many women use a stinky public toilet with pee and what not on be floor, then don't take their shoes off when they enter their house that their bub is crawling around in......?...
    Woo the shoe debate again. It has been a while!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maxwell's Silver Hammer For This Useful Post:

CitrusRainxxx  (14-03-2015),LoveLivesHere  (14-03-2015),VicPark  (14-03-2015)

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post

lol

I challenge you to see how many threads you can legitimately* bring up the shoe debate

(*obviously use some common sense here ... not in inappropriate threads)