+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Stupid things you can't believe you did as a teenager

When I was around 16 my friend was over and we were watching TV in my room, after a while we noticed a guy sitting in his car out on the street and when he saw us looking he waved to us to come over. We went over (first thing I can't believe we did) and he asked us to go for a drive with him so he could sell us Meth! I was never into drugs or anything like that so this was a completely random event, how did he know we were in there, we lived in an expensive street too so it's not like there was business around or anything. Anyway, I just thought of it and I can't believe we even went over to the car, he was so sketchy looking, and that we didn't tell our parents so they could call the police, we just thought it was funny!
    I have tons of other moments I think back and wonder if we were crazy some of the dangerous/stupid things we did!

Anyone else have any stories to share from their teenage years?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    I was stupid i didn't go to authorities about how i was homeless. I was too scared my parents would get in trouble and i held out hope they would change so i had a home

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxwell's Silver Hammer For This Useful Post:

SpicyTurtle  (11-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep lots of silly stuff when a teenager. My friend, from school who I still see, reminisce how stupid we were and can't believe we did some of those things haha oops !

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 4LeafClover For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Stupid things you can't believe you did as a teenager

I used to go to clubs in the city ( Sydney) most Saturday nights with my girlfriend ( I told my parents I was at her place and she told hers she was at mine) but I was 15 and she was 16! We'd ask strangers to buy us drinks , go to after parties to people's houses that we've never met and get the train home at about 7am in the morning , we told everyone we were 19 , I can't imagine doing that now and would be mortified if DS did it ( this was late 80,s so no photo ID!) we were lucky we were pretty switched on but still anything could have happened and our parents would have had no idea and we had no real ID on us

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    One of my friends had a brother who was 3 years older than us and we didn't hesitate at all to get in his friends cars to drive around for hours, we were 14 and they were 17 - newly licensed! My parents would be horrified if they knew, even when I got my licence myself, they didn't like me going in my friends cars and preferred me to drive myself.

That same friend was left pretty much to raise herself, often her parents would go out after work so one Friday night when we were in our very early teens (probably 13) we decided to walk to the shops at about 10pm. These men followed us for a while and we thought it was hilarious. As we were walking back up her street, her parents turned into the street! So we ran as fast as we could, went through the side gate and let ourselves into the garage and pretended to be listening to music (they didn't park in the garage).

Now that I think about it, that particular friend was allowed to do things that were inappropriate for her age, I'm kind of glad she started raving and taking ecstasy when we were 16, that was enough for me to end that friendship.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I remember one time when I was 15 walking the streets of Liverpool at 9pm with a girl friend same age and a couple of guys in a car pull up and offer us a ride with them. We got in and went into the city driving around with them. Then they took us back to my friend's house at about 2am. It was totally harmless and they were nice guys but that could've gone bad in so many ways!!

I was also getting into clubs in the city at 16 with female work colleagues who knew bouncers. Totally ruined turning 18 and doing it all then.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lauzy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is that many that i would be typing for at least 17 days straight!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to heplusme For This Useful Post:

amyd  (11-03-2015),SpicyTurtle  (11-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauzy View Post
    I remember one time when I was 15 walking the streets of Liverpool at 9pm with a girl friend same age and a couple of guys in a car pull up and offer us a ride with them. We got in and went into the city driving around with them. Then they took us back to my friend's house at about 2am. It was totally harmless and they were nice guys but that could've gone bad in so many ways!!
    This is the sort of thing I did a lot, roaming the streets at night with my best friend and going back to random parties in strangers cars, I cringe at how badly the situation could have been but we were always ok thank god!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to SpicyTurtle For This Useful Post:

Lauzy  (11-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Moved out of my university halls of residence, where I lived with a really lovely crowd of friends, 1.5 hrs away to be closer to my boyfriend even though the relationship was breaking down anyway. I think I was trying to save it.
    Then lost touch with the lovely friends, who apparently all moved in to a rental together, and had to live with strangers 9 months later when I moved back to uni. Still regret that.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Bond Girl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do think back and see how stupid me and my friends were and how trusting we were when we were younger. Walking the streets drunk at all hours of the morning when we were 16, going to nightclubs well before our age (the edge night club and $1 drinks would rope a 16 year old in everytime).
    A few times we hitch hiked thinking it was funny. My god if my girls ever do that when they are older I would be a nervous wreck!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post: