+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    She sounds like a 'lovely' person. If she resorts to calling you that after you ask her not to do something to your child, well you are better off without her!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

GrabbyCrabby  (12-03-2015),linz82  (12-03-2015),SuperGranny  (12-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh she sounds like a nasty piece of work.
    You are your daughters mother.
    I get angry when my inlaws tell my Dd off or something that I'm meant to do myself. You are well and truly within your rights and she is overstepping the mark and disrespecting you.

I would cut ties for now with her until she gets her act together. You don't want your child getting confused at such a young age.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LysnDan For This Useful Post:

linz82  (12-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Going against the grain here.

I would do my trolley. She needs to put in her place or she will always be a problem.

When she has a baby than she can raise her baby. It still won't give her the right to make decisions on how you raise your baby.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

bella25  (12-03-2015),linz82  (12-03-2015)

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had a similar thing with my sil. when I was in hospital having just had my twin daughters. I had left my 21month old son with my mil. my sil took him off and got his first hair cut. my mil then brought my son in to see me, and I cried. I had left a sweet little baby boy at home and here he was looking so grown up and totally different in one day. I was heartbroken, but I didn't say anything. looking back at it now, I wish I had said something. i guess it is important to get along with your inlaws, but there can be boundries. and you can set the boundries. your sil sounds like a real piece of work. i would put a stop to all dealings with her, and live your own life without them all if necessary. marie

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

bella25  (12-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGranny View Post
    I had a similar thing with my sil. when I was in hospital having just had my twin daughters. I had left my 21month old son with my mil. my sil took him off and got his first hair cut. my mil then brought my son in to see me, and I cried. I had left a sweet little baby boy at home and here he was looking so grown up and totally different in one day. I was heartbroken, but I didn't say anything. looking back at it now, I wish I had said something. i guess it is important to get along with your inlaws, but there can be boundries. and you can set the boundries. your sil sounds like a real piece of work. i would put a stop to all dealings with her, and live your own life without them all if necessary. marie
    Thanks heaps guys, Marie, when I saw the nail polish I felt so sad, I just kept thinking i was meant to do that, I showed my annoyance and she told me to stop over reacting. Looks like im going to haveto really avoid her. Great to know there is others who feel the same, thanks again for the reassurance everyone xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by linz82 View Post
    Thanks heaps guys, Marie, when I saw the nail polish I felt so sad, I just kept thinking i was meant to do that, I showed my annoyance and she told me to stop over reacting. Looks like im going to haveto really avoid her. Great to know there is others who feel the same, thanks again for the reassurance everyone xo
    I really think you did the right thing. My sil bullied me for ages, turned whole family against ours. We always just gave in to try to keep the peace. On one particular issue we just couldn't bend over (had to do with my children) and omg it created a war. We firmly stood our ground. Didn't speak to half the family for 6-12m but were always really persistent in delivering our message that we were sticking to our guns. It was the hardest year of my life. But we are all on good talking terms now and no one questions anything I say re my children. I think there comes a point when taking the hard line ends up being the easiest because it will save hours of agony and feeling abused or bullied. She sounds like an emotional wreck and bully. I'm sure others can see that even if they won't say it now. It's great to lay down your own rules. Feels hard now but I swear you won't regret it later!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My X-MIL used to say from as soon as DD1 was born that she couldnt wait to paint her nails when she got to babysit her.
    I told her straight up if she altered my childs appearance in any way be it permanent or temporary while she was in her care she would not be caring for her again.
    She was a little taken aback but she stuck to it thankfully.