+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    If egg quality is your main issue I would suggest having your androgens tested and if you're deficient, trying DHEA. However, it's quite possible you've already discussed this with your FS and he either doesn't approve or doesn't think you're a good candidate for it?? It's a tough journey, full of endless questions, isn't it? I hope the answer comes to you.

Hi Goldenegg and BlondeinBrisvegas.. thanks so much for your advice!! I haven't had any testing done.. I am with WDA so I trust that he is looking at every option but he seems very unhopeful.. realistic I guess about my chances. It's hard to accept after on doing 1 cycle and I don't know if things like egg quality can improve dramatically.
    Im in a same-sex relationship and my partner has done 5 cycles and we lost our bub (DE) at 22.5 weeks.. so we are running pretty low on emotional capacity for more disappointment.. we are looking into overseas options as well.. I wish there were more answers for egg quality but unfortunately there's not.. Thanks for your support and sharing.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BNEmums For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (04-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @BNEmums My heartfelt condolences to you and your DP on the loss of your bub (and not a happy faced hug either!!) Devastated prob doesn't even come close to how you both felt/feel I'm so, so sorry....no one should have to experience that heartbreak

Just wanted to wish you both the best of luck with your journey and hope you get your take home baby asap however that may be to you both!! Will keep my eye out for your updates...I'm a bit of a stalker from the sidelines on the other threads

Thanks
    Reviews
    BlondeinBrisvegas, am on a break at the moment and being spoiled by hubby. I started back at the gym this week and, feel so much better, energy levels have gone up. Waiting for AF, then will start cycle on the next AF.

Saw the cartoon UP a few days ago and broke down into tears

Welcome to the forum, BNEmums.

At what stage did you girls decide to go DE path? I can probably do 1 or 2 more cycles At this stage, I do not think DE is for us but, would rather make an informed decision about it.

Thanks.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to hope168 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (04-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default hello everyone!

Hi I am new to this blog. I feel like I need to reach out in some way on one of the blogs that I have been reading. To start off, I am turning 33 this year. Tried to conceive naturally since 2012 for a year. Went to a GP and underwent blood tests then we found out that I have a very low AMH, from memory i think it was less than 1. April 2014 saw my first lady FS in Perth. after the long wait ofcourse. 1st cycel: Was put on synarel and then trigger with puregon 75 iu-150iu. No response had to cancel IVF cycle. oestrogen level was very low too. 2nd cycle: same protocol of synarel then puregon 150 iu-250 iu. both my ovaries had 1 follicle each but oestrogen level is still low. Cancelled cycle again. but was advised to do timed intercourse. NEgative result with that. 3rd cycle: same protocol of synarel then puregon 300iu-400iu. one of my ovaries had an 8mm follicle but not big enough to go through egg collection and was told that we would waste our money on that. Instead was advised to have artificial insemination. And we did, negative result after the 2ww. HAD ENOUGH! Went to another FS, he is more aggressive with the protocol and he listens to me as well. i was put on DHEA for 3 months. then on the 3rd month, i would start melatonin at night and testorone cream too. This time I am stimulating myself with Menopur 450 iu. Blood tests done one day 2 and 4. My oestrogen levels are very low. Scan as well on my ovaries did not look very good. I can already see that there are no follicles at all. maybe a couple of antral follicles but really they were very small. They were very hopeful that I might respond still. So I was told to keep giving myself menopur injection until day 19. then they have decided to cancel the cycle as the scan still shows the same and my blood levels of oestrogen agree with it.

I was very depressed!! I cannot believe that I still have not responded. Now I have been told about having donor eggs. I am hesitant about the idea although I am not against it. Every time I see a baby, I cry just like that no reason at all.

I have had plenty of blood tests done to find out if I had an immune disorder that counteracts FSH or LH. Yet all of them says thAT i am NORMAL.

I am so sorry about my long story.Does anyone out there share the same story as mine? Can you girls tell me what other protocols are out there? I need all your support girls. Xxxxxxxx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefulwithlowamh For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (06-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @hopefulwithlowamh
    Welcome to the group.
    I am in a similar situation to you. I am 31 with an AMH level of 1. All other bloods are normal. We started trying to conceive in Sep 2011. After my first IVF cycle, I had 3 follicles with 0 eggs retrieved. 2nd and 3rd had slightly better results but still no pregnancy.
    I do find it odd that your FS put you on a low dose of FHS considering your AMH level. On all three cycles I was on 450iui for 10, 12 and then 14 days. This July I will be doing the Estrogen Priming Protocol so will start on high FSH but taper off as the addition of other injections begin. This will be our last cycle before Egg Donor (hopefully we won't need to).

Have you heard of EPP? I'm not cycling until June/July so can't give you my experience until then.

How are you going @Golden Egg?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Babyplz For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (06-04-2015),Golden Egg  (09-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @BNEmums: i am so sorry for your loss. It was hard enough for me to lose the bub early on. I can't imagine to lose it at that later stage. My heart breaks and bleeds for you! You are in good hand with Wazza. I heard a lot of good thing about him. Since you only tried once, why not another try? Isn't that first ivf is always trial and error?

@hope168: there is something I don't know much about is the world of DE. I'm in a completely opposite situation -- needing DS. DH is azoospermia but we were extremely lucky to be able to find few usable sperms through the surgery (3! yes, you hear it right). That's also from bad news (no sperm found initially at the theater) to good news (found in the lab) in one day. Unfortunately, the hope of having our bio child dashed away after 2 chemical pregnancies. The only 2 embies resulted from that cycle. Only 1 good quality embie, though. Most of the azoo people who i know on the forum aren't even that lucky to find sperm. For them, it is clear cut to move onto DS. Our FS didn't want to push us into DS straight away, although that's the best option given the poor prognosis. It is actually me who still can't get over the fact of not ever having DH bio child. DH doesn't want any more disappointment and heartbreak. Another surgery might yield nothing and only false hope. It is one step at a time process for us. He was strongly against it at the beginning but came around as it is our only option to have a family. I am now pregnant and all i can think of is keeping it. I don't think i will ever come to term with it but I will not trade anything for this baby.

@hopefulwithlowamh: as suggested by babyplz, i also heard about estrogen prime protocol. Unfortunately, i can't recommend any FS in perth who is good at low AMH case. I do know a few in sydney in case someone from the east wants to ask. Yes, totally agree with babyplz. I am surprised to see your FS only put you on 300 IU puregon. I have an average AMH but very poor responder. My FS already put me on on 300 IU menupur the second time. I am also on a bunch of vitamins the second time as well.
    Last edited by bbhope; 06-04-2015 at 12:09.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Blondeinvegas.. it is too heartbreaking and why it's so hard to consider another failed IVF cycle.. we will keep you posted..

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BNEmums For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks bbhope.. it's tempting to do another cycle but Wazza seems to think it's for no good reason and he knows how much we want a bub so DE will be our best option. Genetic link isn't really important to us, just a happy healthy bubba and the more cycles I do the further away from that we will be. My partner did 5 cycles and it didn't get better ..so whilst I've only done one together we have done 6 full stims at the highest doses of everything. Thanks so much for your reply .. I know we will get there one way or another

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BNEmums For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I Hope168, so both my partner and I (same-sex relationship) have had really bad results with IVF ( 5 Cycles). Whilst I've only done 1 cycle we were left with 0 embryos after day 3 and my FS doesn't have much hope that this will change and because we do such I high stim, high drug cycle the costs are high.. the more I think of my small IVF chance and my large DE chance the more I think DE is the way to go. It's hard to let go of doing another cycle but I just want to hold our baby at the end of the day. Our beautiful baby boy that we lost was a DE and I can honestly tell you that we couldn't have loved him more but completely understand that's it's not for everyone. It's a really hard decision..Best of luck

17. The Following User Says Thank You to BNEmums For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quick one from me (I'm away and using my phone) to say it's a BFN. We'll go straight into a FET and hope there's a BFP in there. Thought about doing another stim cycle to bank embryos but think I'll have a month off, so to speak.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Golden Egg For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-04-2015)