+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Golden Egg That's fantastic Luv!! Nothing wrong with an early blastocyst at all. Your embie is doing exactly what it should be for Day 5

There are many factors that influence why embryo's may not be as advanced as we'd like them to be on transfer day. One of them is how old the embryo actually is which if you had your eggs ICSI'd would depend on what time that was done and the egg fertilised for eg.

I say Yippee!! for being PUPO Luv!! for a BFP and that your other embies make it to the freezer too!! Are you on any P4 support?? Keep us updated on your progress

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Golden Egg  (31-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That's fantastic! Congrats of being a PUPO! Ya, your round went similar to my last cycle. And I am preg. I have two early blasts and one lousy morula in the dish until day 6. And crazy enough, the morula became a grade A expanded blast.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (31-03-2015),Golden Egg  (31-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls.

@BlondeinBrisvegas, for progesterone support I took Ovidrel (6 clicks) 2 days post ER and will take it again tomorrow. I think that's all i take.

@bbhope, that's so good to hear and very interesting re your morula. Gives me hope! What did you actually have transferred? And what did you end up freezing? By the way, can i ask how old you are?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Golden Egg For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (31-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Initially, they told me that the one day 5 early blast was frozen. Then, they called a min later telling me about the morula, which they kept until day 6 under my request to FS. Now, i really think that they shouldn't just throw everything out by day 5, which is their standard protocol.

The one on board was a full blast. They scheduled my transfer quite late than my first fresh transfer (despite same EPU time both times) so just like blondeinbrisvegas said, it can just be the timing. To add, I had/have a polyp in my uterus at the time of transfer and had no idea if i have any to freeze so was quite disappointed to just have one ready for transfer. Touchwood. Preg is going ok so far. I am also on a bunch of immune drugs this round, though.

I am 33 but I only got 5 and 8 mature eggs both times. Poor responder. As i posted earlier, I was on a different protocol and a lot higher dose the second time around and yet not getting the standard 12+ eggs. FX that it is the one for u.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (31-03-2015),Golden Egg  (01-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks bbhope. It's all just so random!

I've just found out that two of my embryos were frozen today. One was a hatching blast and one was an expanded blast. Happy with those results. Three blasts actually seems pretty incredible after the last cycle I had. It just goes to show that cycles can vary so much. I also think that back to back cycles probably helped in my case. My FS says she's a big fan of them.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Golden Egg For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (01-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Golden Egg That is an awesome outcome Luv, it really is!! Congrat's to you!!! for the one onboard. You going to POAS Luv or what??

@Babyplz @hope168 How are you Girls going???
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 01-04-2015 at 21:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Very good news golden egg. Heck, you might not need the freezer ones anytime soon! Ya, we are holding our breath that our little one will keep growing.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (02-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default any advice

Hi All,
    this is my first time posting on this site but see how much experience and knowledge is here so I thought I would join the conversation.
    I have had 1 IVF cycle - high stims - 6 eggs, 5 mature, 3 fertilised = by day 3 they had all gone. My Dr suggests donor embryos and he is the guru - FYI I am totally fine with using a donor and in the process of looking but I am contemplating doing one more cycle.
    Last cycle I was only on the supplements for 3 weeks but I have now been on them 3months + Chinese herbs and acupuncture. Has anyone had a similar cycle and did you proceed with another?
    Not sure if I'm throwing away money or if it's worth the punt.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BNEmums For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    @BNEmums - I guess I had a couple of similar cycles last year but I still had embryos on day 3, they just didn't survive in utero. I changed clinics, changed protocol and started DHEA and other supplements which are meant to be good for egg quality. What is your issue exactly? Just egg quality? If it were me, I would do another cycle to see if the 3 months worth of herbs make a difference but having said that, I didn't take herbs (never had time in between IVF cycles). If egg quality is your main issue I would suggest having your androgens tested and if you're deficient, trying DHEA. However, it's quite possible you've already discussed this with your FS and he either doesn't approve or doesn't think you're a good candidate for it?? It's a tough journey, full of endless questions, isn't it? I hope the answer comes to you.

@Blonde. Haha re POAS. I've always caved in the past but I'm going to try to wait until the beta test. Famous last words probably, but after two occasions where I think the pregnyl was still in my system on beta day (and being told I had a chemical preg), I don't want to risk a false positive...
    Last edited by Golden Egg; 02-04-2015 at 16:56.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Golden Egg For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    @BNEmums Are you one of Wazza's Ladies too?? I say go for it again once more. If you're willing to try again knowing that you could get the same outcome as last time and are willing to take the risk and have a go, then do

You're getting eggs and you're getting fertilisation which is a great start, but getting to transfer is the next goal. An egg quality issue which is the main reason embryo's will stop developing/arresting after Day 3 is impossible to overcome effectively at this moment in time. Science is working hard on ways to do that but in the meantime all we can do is try to get the best of what's available in our ovaries to develop, grow and hopefully capture at EPU.

If you're with Warren De Ambrosis, I already know what supps you've been taking which is great. If not, what supps have you been taking??lol Did you add HGH in your last Cycle?? What protocol were you on?? What FSH did you use?? It could be worth lowering the stims's and doing a longer, slightly slower stim to see if your ovaries respond better and if you can get more eggs at EPU, then hopefully you can increase your chances of getting a good one or more with a bit of luck.

As you can see from my signature, I always made it to transfer (though it did take 12 embryo's tansferred to get my BFP meaning I was producing a lot of crappy eggs and therefore crappy embryo's in all likelihood) , but if I was in your shoes, I'd definitely give it one more try even knowing it could end the same way. Good luck Luv!! you get your BFP asap in whatever way that comes
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 02-04-2015 at 20:18.