+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    So... it turns out they didn't perform ICSI as planned as my husbands sperm was great. The only reason we always choose to use ICSI is because we want all eggs fertilised as we know there are so few and don't want to take the risk. Ah well, it turned out okay as I had 2 excellent morula's put back in this morning. The way I'm thinking is... we have had 3 put back in before and they were fertilised using ICSI, and so these 2 are different. Praying for a completely different outcome!!!

The other two that fertilised are developing a little slower. They were still at 10ish cells so we're not sure yet if they'll be okay to freeze. I'm hoping they don't give up on them tomorrow and wait an extra day to see if they will keep progressing.

So... now, I'm PUPO!!! We are very happy.
    My blood test isn't booked in until 15 days from today. Do you think it would be okay to do a urine test 2wks post EPU? That's when AF would normally arrive, right?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, great news babyplz. You're PUPO! Are you on any medication to support the uterine lining? If you're taking anything with HCG in it (such as pregnyl), you'll have to be careful about when you do an HPT because you might get a false positive.

As for me, my scan was ok. I had it while on holidays so i wasn't at the clinic. I had one follicle at 12mm and 11 follicles under 10mm. Of those, I think about 3 were around 8mm. I had to look at the hard copy scans to try to work it out because the sonographer wouldn't tell me anything. So frustrating. I'm having another BT and scan tomorrow, this time at the clinic, and I'm very keen to see what's happening. I'm a bit concerned about there being a lead follicle so i hope a few are catching up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    12 follices is a good number. Yes, I hope that lead follicle doesn't take off too quickly. How were your results today? It must have felt better getting it done at your own clinic.

I'm on heaps of LP support... Crinone in AM, Pesseries PM, Sone x 4 daily, Prognova x 3 daily, Provera x 3 daily and I had a 1500 shot of pregnyl on day of transfer and will have one again on Thursday. So heaps of support!! But, like you said, no wee test for me with all that pregnyl. I could not handle a false positive. I've got a busy two weeks at work and plans both weekends so I'm hoping it flies by!

Anyway, let me know how you got on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had 2 lead follicles at 16mm and 17mm and 6 follicles at 5-9mm, and E2 was 1600. The smaller ones won't catch up in time for collection. So I'm very disappointed. This is my worst cycle ever. I was offered the option to cancel but I'm going ahead. Will trigger tonight for ER on Thursday.

Everyone is different but I found that pregnyl 1500 lasted in my system for 7 days. I know now that it's just not worth testing until that 7 days is up. I've got my fingers crossed for you. Keeping super busy is a great plan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Apologies for crashing your thread.. @Golden Egg. It looks like we're both heading in for EPU on Thursday for 2 follicles. It's a risky business isn't it?! On Monday mine were 19mm, 16mm. I'm triggering at 10pm tonight. You're not with Monash Melb are you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Tahli and Golden Egg,

I understand how bummed you must be. We went in for three twice before. Just have to give it a go hey. I wouldn't be able to cancel either, not after all the preparation. Will be thinking of you both on Thursday.

AFM, the embryologist called today to let me know they have frozen one of our remaining embryos. It's actually an expanded blastocyst so she was very pleased with it's progress over the last two days. This is the first time we've had anything to freeze. We're thrilled.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Tahli and welcome

Sounds like we are in a very similar situation (a frustrating one!). I'm with Genea. What cycle number is this for you? Fingers crossed for both of us!

That's wonderful news babyplz. So happy for you. That must be such a relief. It's so good to know you've got one up your sleeve.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Golden Egg For This Useful Post:

Babyplz  (04-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ta @Golden Egg...yep, definitely frustrating isn't it?! I was so deflated. On my first cycle my follies were 17, 11, 8 & 3 thus a cancelled cycle. This cycle they're 19, 16, 10, 7, 6, 5, 5. So I decided not to cancel again & hope the 19 & 16 have mature eggs in them. Such a gamble. Even though Clomid was added this time, to recruit more follicles, I don't think my 40 y/o ovaries have the energy to grow them. I spoke with a new FN yest & she said it didn't seem like the FSH (Gonal F/Menopur 450) was working. I've been convinced it's not working all along as I'm not producing larger or more follicles than my CD3 baseline scan pre IVF meds. I'll be thinking of you on Thursday for sure. Sorry for the purge!!
    Congrats on your great news @Babyplz!!
    Last edited by Tahli; 04-08-2015 at 21:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's interesting that they used clomid to try to prevent dominant follicles. I'll be speaking with my FS about what can be done next cycle to avoid dominant follicles and i'm very interested to see what she comes up with. Must go and do the trigger injection now..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck with your trigger @Golden Egg! My EPU is at 10am on Thursday, is yours 9.30am? Lynn Burmeister is my FS that added the Clomid. My FN was expecting Elonva so the Clomid was a surprise. I wonder what both of our FS's will add next cycle to try and get more even growth. What am I saying, of course neither of us will need a next cycle!!!