+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamyMummy View Post
    Any time I have looked into the store I have been turned off going in, all the sizes look to be very small, as do the sales assistants, as a woman with curves I would personally feel uncomfortable walking in there to look at clothes.
    They are actually anti curves and don't want women of substance wearing their clothes. They are actively encouraged to ensure no large women are in their clothes

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (10-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lilypily View Post
    They are actually anti curves and don't want women of substance wearing their clothes. They are actively encouraged to ensure no large women are in their clothes
    That is awful! Is there a good quality brand out there with the opposite agenda?. I would like some new work out gear.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Lorna Jane clothes... what is so good about it?

I went to a LJ store in Brisbane last week and the sales assistant was a size 14 and looked amazing decked out in the gear.

I def think it's overpriced but I'm another that loves the tights for the quality and comfort. They are thicker than other tights i own and have outlasted most of my Nike or Adidas tights.
    Last edited by RipperRita; 10-03-2015 at 17:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    It is quite expensive but I buy on ebay, so much cheaper. Either I buy new from China, or I take advantage of women that spend up and don't stick it out at the gym.

When I first started out I thought the prices were outrageous and bought cheap stuff.... and that's just what it was - cheap. I was gyming 5-6 days a week and the cheap stuff was rubbish. So I started building my LJ, Adidas and Running Bare (my fav brand) stash. I favourited them on ebay and only bought if they were going cheap. I have a lot of nice stuff I love the LJ crop crops, they have pretty backs.

Moral of the story. If you are just starting out or don't get serious target and kmart may be ok. If you exercise a lot stick with quality. And the amount of women at my local gym that don't realise their leggings are see through Don't go cheap on those.
    Last edited by delirium; 10-03-2015 at 16:51.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

rosey82  (10-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamyMummy View Post
    That is awful! Is there a good quality brand out there with the opposite agenda?. I would like some new work out gear.
    Michelle bridges does up to size 22 I think at big w and I have found them great so far. I only use for Pilates but yeah it's great that she knows bigger girls work out also so it's worth supporting .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep Michelle Bridges stuff is great imo. Infact I bought another pair today in a different color. They feel and fit great and for $35 a pair, cant go wrong!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Lorna Jane clothes... what is so good about it?

I was a size 14 when I bought my first pair of LJ tights - was very surprised I had to get a medium! I expected to be a large.

Thanks
    Reviews
    They are awesome. No see through bits and last forever. Kmart cotton on etc. I find stretch ans are see-through when squatting etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I could never understand what the LJ brand did that my current (cheapie) tights didn't! I currently have the Michelle bridges tights and they are the most money I ever spent on tights in over 20 years! I've had them 8 months and they're still as new. Very good thick material and look good on. Before that I had numerous pairs of bonds and other home brands from big W, k-mart... All lasted me ages! So why would I spent loads just because LJ's are the 'cool' gym gear brand?

Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I bought myself a pair of LJ tights last week as I was concerned my Michelle Bridges ones were getting a bit thin. Now here is my review of the two - both black non-shiney tights ...

MB - great fitting, nice high/wide waistband and were comfortable to wear. Wore well while doing high intensity stuff, didn't ride up/fall down, showed the sweat alot - always left looking like I have wet myself

LJ - very thick fabric, didn't feel like the rolls jiggled as much, high/wide waistband, very comfortable. Felt supported during high intensity workout (not as much jiggle) and the winner for me was I left drenched in sweat but it didn't look like it. The tights are wet to touch but I don't feel like I'm sitting in sweaty clothes and I definitely didn't look like I had wet myself.

They both do a great job, both comfortable but I felt like the LJ offered more support and for someone like me that sweats alot at the gym, I like the feel of the LJ and definitely the 'dry' look.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-RaryGirl For This Useful Post:

GlitterFarts  (17-03-2015)