+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitterFarts View Post
    lol. Sometimes I see ladies out for a jog and the sun is right on their back area and you can see thru the fabric of the tights and their undies.. but yeah just curious as ive heard you can't see thru the LJ tights. Wondered if it's true.
    I'm so scared of that! Next time I wear the LJ tights I'll go into the full sun and take a pic of my butt

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-RaryGirl For This Useful Post:

GlitterFarts  (09-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have bought exercise clothing from many different shops including Kmart and target and I have to say once I tried Lorna Jane I haven't bought from anywhere else. Their singlets wash so well, the leggings, shorts and tops I buy are light and comfy which is great for the climate I live in. The clothing is a good fit too, I found other brands not to be. I also love the colours of LJ and the way you can coordinate the bottoms with a crop top and singlet, some colours I haven't seen elsewhere. I mainly buy up when they have their sales though due to the cost.
    Last edited by Blessedwith3boys; 09-03-2015 at 14:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Must be a washing machine thing- BigW, Kmart and target last a long time in this house... The more expensive stuff does not.

Heck, I have a dress that is from DJ's that I get dry-cleaned because I don't trust myself to do it, and it has started to fade and the stitching is going.
    Dress from Target that is 2 years old and looks the same now as it did when i bought it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Love LJ tights! I bought my first pair 4 years ago & they're still going strong.
    They are quite a thick, matte material so not see thru at all, they also keep everything from jiggling around lol! My pet peeve is the shiny gym tights you can get elsewhere - seriously unflattering on me!
    I am a size 12 & wear medium in LJ so I don't find the sizing too bad except the shorts I have to get a large in those.
    Also love their crop tops, but hate slogan tops so steer well clear of them.
    If you're looking to spend some money on flattering gym tights though I highly recommend Lululemon - they are my magic pants! But I can only afford 1 pair they are hideously expensive 😜

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rosey82 For This Useful Post:

misho  (10-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by KitiK View Post
    All my LJ shirts have fallen apart in a few washes - pretty pathetc for the price, but having said that, their legging/tights are awesome, nice thick lycra blend that really do last literally years! Thier tights are the only thing worth the $ IMO, everything else - meh, the $29 BigW Michelle Bridges stuff is just as good.

Oh and what also annoys me about LJ is the unrealistically small sizing and the fact they dont have a maternity wear line...
    Totally. Maternity leggings are actually not that easy to find and tend to be thicker (warmer) lycra and mostly black... I don't know why that is. Stretchy lycra is pretty much all i want to wear.

Have you found any good leggings anywhere else?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (09-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am currently wearing a bigw pair of $9 emerson leggings in a size 16! (Im usually 10-12), but at 34w preg they fit nice - and cover my belly button - figure I will probably burn my maternity gear at the end of this preg so not spending any more than I have to (I consequently look like shiz most of the time)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love LJ and lululemon tights. They are great quality and last for a long time. I love how thick and fitted they are which I feel keeps any jiggly bits under control I find the less expensive brands to be thinner and lower quality.

I do not like the LJ slogan tops at all. I wear cheap plain singlets with LJ and lululemon tights.

The LJ zip up jackets and vests are great quality, they are flattering because they fit close to the body, they are not big and baggy. They are expensive, but mine have lasted for a few winters now.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TeBe For This Useful Post:

rosey82  (09-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Nothing is great doesn't motivate me to lose weight if I don't fit into there clothing!! They need to do a plus range just saying!

My close friend works there and she's lovely

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can't fault the tights! They are very forgiving in size, I still fit mine now after a gradual gain of 15kgs 😁

Their tops and everything else are overpriced and really not that great, but the tights are worth the investment!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I am a size 14, how big do their tights go in regards to sizing?

I am tempted to get a pair after reading about the quality.