+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've never even been in, I've always assumed that a specialty store like that would be charging more than I would be willing to pay for leggings and T'shirts!

There is a buy sell LJ page on FB, a friend of mine brought second hand LJ socks off there because they were 'rare'
    Last edited by NoteToSelf; 09-03-2015 at 13:21.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Lorna Jane clothes... what is so good about it?

I find the quality really good! I've got things from 3-4 years ago that are still in good shape . I've always found that cheap clothing from big w/kmart etc washes really badly so I don't bother, I'd spend the same, if not more than the LJ outlay replacing them over time.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ChelleBH For This Useful Post:

misho  (10-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My teenager wears their sports bras and so does my neice. After getting her fitted at Myers and trying 100 different bras, the LJ ones are perfect. $70 each - but worth it as she wears them and feels comfortable in them.

Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My LJ store have very normal sized women, not intimidating at all.

I love their crop bras as nothing wiggles and bounces when I wear them lol. Plus I have a few shirts (not slogan stuff) but I wait until the sales are on.

I'm a 12 and wear mediums in LJ, I found their sizes to be average. I even have a small pair of tights but that wouldn't be norm for my thighs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I find the quality really good and also found the sizes true to size!

You pay the same for the brands like Nike, Adidas etc. The quality of my all sports gear Nike, LJ, target, cotton on etc is all the same. I think it's all good quality!

You pay extra for the name! Not the quality IMO.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    In my pre-children days I was a complete gym junkie and a very comfortable size 14. The only store where size 14 didn't fit me was LJ (well, I tried on one pair of cargo pants and they were too tight across the hips). Around the same time they had slogan singlets for $60 each. I went back to Big W and bought their singlets for $5 each.

The only thing I have bought from LJ is headbands. The first one the logo wore off after a wash. The others are those double banded ones but I still need to use about 6 clips so they don't slide off my head.

If you know what to look for in gym pants then you can get good stuff from KMart, BigW etc. Michelle Bridges gym pants are pretty good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have yet to find better quality tights, they really do last for ages, and I love the fit of them.

However, the singlets annoy me as they are all dainty straps or mostly open/see through at the back which is not a great look with big ugly maternity sports bras, haha.

I haven't checked out the MB range at BigW yet, but might have a look.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    is it true that in the sun you can't see through the lorna jane tights?(when the sun is right on your backside..) (that's what ive heard anyway.) so just curious.

Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitterFarts View Post
    is it true that in the sun you can't see through the lorna jane tights?(when the sun is right on your backside..) (that's what ive heard anyway.) so just curious.
    Lol ... never tried that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-RaryGirl View Post
    Lol ... never tried that.
    lol. Sometimes I see ladies out for a jog and the sun is right on their back area and you can see thru the fabric of the tights and their undies.. but yeah just curious as ive heard you can't see thru the LJ tights. Wondered if it's true.