+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Doing too much while pregnant

Hi, I'm 24 weeks pregnant and so far my pregnancy has been very straight forward. This is my second pregnancy and my last one was fine too. I'm not an overly fit person who goes to gym etc but since moving to Sydney a couple of months ago I've been doing a lot more walking than I used to. On average days I will walk about 5km, on a weekend can be up to 10km pushing a toddler in pushchair. Whilst I presume it's good to keep active during pregnancy I have noticed on days when I'm walking a lot I often get pain around the sides and underneath my bump. I have no bleeding, baby is active etc so I believe it's just muscular pain from weight of bump but was just wondering whether it's my body's way of telling me I should be taking it easy or whether it's just a sign I'm using my stomach muscles more. Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Is it extremely painful? Does it hurt when you walk? If no I would probably get a doctors opinion to put your mind at ease but would think it's just the extra exercise and a growing bump. I've always walked anywhere from 5-10km a day even throughout pregnancy, when I could.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Sounds like round ligament pain. I've got that with all 3 of mine when I walk.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had the same with my 2nd l pregnancy. My doc and ob say it's just round ligament pain. Your muscles are weaker than last time thanks to bearing the weight of your first child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This could be the force when you walk. I think you should walk less and in intervals.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Isabella White For This Useful Post:

nh2489  (13-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Doing too much while pregnant

I got this ligament pain bad with both babies when pushing too hard. Once I rested it would get better. If your concerned a check up is always good but for it was payback from baby for not taking it easy lol.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Nasim2 For This Useful Post:

nh2489  (13-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got it with my 1st not much with my 2nd, guess ligaments are already stretched 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Rachael3 - hi there, I've just googled severe constipation bub hub and comments you put in came up. hope you don't mind me responding to this thread. I'm usually part of another thread here but hoping you can give me some advise. I had a transfer nearly 2 weeks ago, I don't think it's positive though as I've got sever cramping, like period pains and I'm on patches so I know my period isn't coming- I've also got severe constipation was your test a positive one when you did it? I don't want to get my hopes up and I'm worried that I've got an infection.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Faiths love View Post
    @Rachael3 - hi there, I've just googled severe constipation bub hub and comments you put in came up. hope you don't mind me responding to this thread. I'm usually part of another thread here but hoping you can give me some advise. I had a transfer nearly 2 weeks ago, I don't think it's positive though as I've got sever cramping, like period pains and I'm on patches so I know my period isn't coming- I've also got severe constipation was your test a positive one when you did it? I don't want to get my hopes up and I'm worried that I've got an infection.
    It's so hard to tell. Are u asking if constipation is a sign? Try not to think about symptoms too much it can go either way.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Rachael3 For This Useful Post:

Faiths love  (14-05-2015)