+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Experiences with the morning after pill?

With three beautiful kiddies hubby and I agreed that we're done and he went to get the snip a week ago. It's not effective until at least 15 ejaculations and last night the condom broke 😳 first time this has ever happened for us. The irony is doing my head in.

I would be almost mid cycle around about now too. Planning to go get the morning after pill but wondering about others experiences. Am still breastfeeding and feel mixed feelings about it to be honest as I always thought I would welcome any 'accident' as fate and I'm planning to head off and stop the last possible accident we can ever have.

Did the morning after pill work for you? Did you feel sick with it? How did you feel emotionally about it all?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Experiences with the morning after pill?

Sorry I don't have any experience with the morning after pill but there was a thread only a couple days ago about it. I wonder if you've tried searching "morning after pill" in the forums

ETA found it
    http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...r-pill-effects

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been in a similar position re; the MAP. Although for us, I was bf and had been told not to fall pg under any circumstances as I had just had my rubella shot - like you our condom broke (first time ever!) So really had no choice but to take it. It worked for us, I didnt have any side effects or anything and emotionally I was actually relieved (given the circumstances and the fact an abortion would have been a) necessary and b) a lot more traumatising for me.

If you are sure you dont want any more then I'd say take it. If you aren't sure, talk to DH about it, the chances of preg are only 1/4 so it may be unecessary. Best of luck with your decision.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope didn't work - I say this as I stare at my beautiful sleeping 5 week old baby. We definately took that as a sign she was going to come into this world no matter how hard we tried to stop it. Good luck with your decision

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. Don't know how I didn't see that other morning after pill thread! Oops!

Definitely wasn't hoping for any accidents but made the vasectomy decision for practical reasons. I love babies and always will so I know I'm done for logical reasons but in my heart id love another twenty little people hence the mixed feelings about it all.

I know people who haven't had it work for them so will assure myself that in the incredibly remote chance this is meant to be it will find a way and try to stick with the sensible reasons why we're done and go get the morning after pill.

Hopefully I don't end up feeling too sick with it 😳