+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm another who agrees with using the steroid cream to get rid of it. It was the only thing that worked for us and moisturizing creams are good just to keep the skin soft and protected. As pp said try to find out the trigger. For mine its dairy, tomato and washing powders. I avoid the foods and use omo sensitive.
    As for which cream, I found everyone had a different recommendation. Again try them and work out what suits your child best. For us it was Dermeze. QV was recommended by our paed but it was useless for us!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You may also want to try supplementing his milk/breakfast drink with some probiotic powder. My DD showed a little flare of eczema on her leg when she was 2, we put some Eczema Shield (Ethical Nutrients brand) in her drink for a couple of weeks and it has never come back. I do feel very lucky though, I had eczema shockingly growing up and know how bad it can be. Hope it heals quickly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BornToBe View Post
    You may also want to try supplementing his milk/breakfast drink with some probiotic powder. My DD showed a little flare of eczema on her leg when she was 2, we put some Eczema Shield (Ethical Nutrients brand) in her drink for a couple of weeks and it has never come back. I do feel very lucky though, I had eczema shockingly growing up and know how bad it can be. Hope it heals quickly.
    I tried that Eczema Shield stuff too, it did nothing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dd suffered terribly from eczema for 8 months because I wanted to use little steroids as possible. After seeing a pediatric dermatologist who said it's more effective to use steroids aggressively to treat the flare ups and then keep under control with mousturisers. Leaving the skin constantly inflamed does more harm by constantly stimulating the immune system. We are so glad we followed the dermatdermatologist's advice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone. Have been treating him more with the cream so hoping it settles down soon. Trying to stop him from scratching is so hard

Thanks
    Reviews
    If his rashes are really red and angry and he can't stop scratching them, you could give him some antihistamine to reduce the itch.
    It's hard for the rashes to heal when he's scratching at them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not convinced about the slathering on the steroid cream, as I found if it didn't start working straight away it wasn't going to. I stopped using steroid cream on my kids when I developed a reaction on my hands from applying it to their skin. Definitely found moisturising VERY regularly to be very important. I use gaiya ointment now https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gaiya...36514513148497 - natural from native bees wax, very effective - but again different things work for different people which makes it so frustrating trying to find an answer. good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1425966564.025513.jpg

I don't know if you can get hold of this cream over here as we bought it in Spain but it works really well for excema. Out ds never suffered badly like yours, he only had a small patch on his foot that never cleared up with moisturiser and would come straight back after couple days after steroid. So we tried this and it's never come back. (We were given it hence why it's almost empty as we've only needed to use it a few times!)
    It has no steroid in and is designed for atopic skin. Maybe worth asking your Dr about or having a look online to see if it's available online.