+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Late/missed period but negative pregnancy test...

Hi all,
    DH and I are not actively TTC at the moment but we were a little naughty and did have unprotected sex 5 times this month! (Not when I thought I was ovulating, though I haven't really been tracking properly...)

My period is now 4 days late for the first time in years - I usually have a clockwork 28 day cycle. I took a pregnancy test the day after I was due - BFN. Then I took another test the following day - still negative. I haven't tested since but still no sign of AF whatsoever!

Any thoughts on why my period is late/not coming, especially when my cycles are usually so regular? I know I could have ovulated late or something, but I haven't been overly stressed or had any lifestyle changes this past month. Is there a possibility I could be pregnant even though I've had two BFNs? Anyone had a similar experience?

While we weren't actively TTC I would be overjoyed at the thought of a BFP but am not going to get ahead of myself since I had two negative tests... Thanks for any input!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Hmm probably you're not pregnant then, you'd expect to see a line on a home test by now- what brand of test did you buy? First Response Early Result (FRER) are the most reliable.

There's lots of reasons your cycle dates might change - exercise/weight loss, stress, an ovarian cyst, or even a chemical pregnancy that hasn't resolved yet.

Maybe do another test in a day or so with a FRER and see if there is a line. If AF doesn't show id go to the GP.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

Lennon  (08-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It took me a week past AF being late to get even a faint line mainly because I ovulated much later than I thought however I know women who haven't gotten BFP til weeks after their AF is late coz their HCG levels didn't rise as quickly as most. Test again in a few days.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to danileighw For This Useful Post:

Lennon  (08-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies, ladies. Still no sign of AF :-( So still in limo land wondering what on earth is going on with my cycle. I haven't taken any other HPTs as I don't want to disappoint myself, but I might wait until I'm over a week late and test again just to be sure!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You could be one of those who don't show a positive until much later. I show a positive the day after af is due but have a friend who doesn't show a positive until up to 6 weeks later. There are many reasons why af is late. Take a test again in a few days and if that is bfn and no af maybe head to Dr? Good luck

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 1st timemama For This Useful Post:

Lennon  (08-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 1st timemama View Post
    You could be one of those who don't show a positive until much later. I show a positive the day after af is due but have a friend who doesn't show a positive until up to 6 weeks later. There are many reasons why af is late. Take a test again in a few days and if that is bfn and no af maybe head to Dr? Good luck
    Thanks 1st timemama I will test again in a few days (being patient is hard!) and if the month continues and AF doesn't show up I'll head to a doctor!

Being in limbo sucks!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lennon For This Useful Post:

1st timemama  (08-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would go and get a blood test, then you will know for sure. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a really weird thing with my HPTs with my second bub. Internet cheapies all showed a second line, sent DH to get me a FRER but he brought me some clear blue tests they showed no second line - BFN all three of them. later that day and for the two days after I tested with FRERs and I was pregnant. It was so confusing. Also with my first I didn't get a BFP until 15dpo. Good luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys! Just thought I should update saying that AF arrived a few days ago, VERY late, but still made an appearance, so not pregnant! Very weird that it was so late this cycle. Thanks for all the support!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lennon View Post
    Hi guys! Just thought I should update saying that AF arrived a few days ago, VERY late, but still made an appearance, so not pregnant! Very weird that it was so late this cycle. Thanks for all the support!
    Thanks for the update. I'd still ask your GP about it if I were you