+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone having issues going from Karicare Gold+ HA to Karicare follow on 2 Formula?

I've been slowly transitioning my 9 month old onto the Karicare stage 2 Formula from the newborn Gold Plus HA one, Karicare advised to start with 25% of the follow on and gradually increase. Since starting this my baby has been very unsettled, lots of crying and not sleeping well or for very long and doing loads of farts, his poos have been normal though and he's not been sick.

Do i assume that it could be the new formula or maybe just more teeth coming through? I was told that one of the differences with the follow on is it contains dairy? Surely if he was lactose intolerant he would be sick and more runny poos?

Do i continue with follow on formula? Im worried he wouldn't be getting all the nutrients if he stays on the newborn one? He is eating a wide range of solids with some dairy…..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I would stop. Stage 2 is not necessary.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I just stuck with stage 1

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree, stop stage 2. It's not necessary. It is known to cause sleep disturbances and wakings through the night. It is more heavily casein protein based which is a lot more difficult for bubs to break down in their belly's therefore causing upset tumnys and making babies unsettled.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I too tried to transition and soon decided to stick with Stage 1. DS was just not a happy camper on the Stage 2.