+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    im going to join this month got my **** together now lol, got my meal planning done and am eliminating trips to the shops

just looking at ways to make yummy, pre-school friendly lunches that only involve 1-2 shop trips per week lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BbBbBh View Post
    Yep I'm in. Without being a w**ker I'm the worlds best 'non spender'. I'm on free cycle and my local FB freebies page so I give my stuff and receive other people's. My ds and I made $300 this summer by taking the clippings off my neighbours frangipani tree when he prunes it every year. I also have 2 borders in my home that pay for 65% of my mortgage repayments and this is non taxable income (thanks ATO). The ATO lists other non taxable income ******s on their website so that might be worth checking out. Someone else put me onto a site where I can search for others in my area giving away/selling produce so I've just started trading my jars of organic roasted peanut butter and I'm going to have a go at making butter. In my area I can swap for eggs, lemongrass, chillis, lettuce, lemons, limes, honey and chestnuts. I also have a deal with a single dad who does my lawn edges and I make him batches of banana bread muffins and slices for his kids school lunches. He's servicing my lawn mower too. I trade 1 hour of babysitting per week with another mum who saves up her hours and I babysit her kids for 4 hours a month so she and her dh can have 'date night'. I would also like to set my ensuite bedroom up for weekend stays as the cheapest local hotel charges $240/night. I'd only do it when my kids are at their dads and I'd charge 200$ per night incl breakfast. I can advertise on air BnB and only accept older couples or people here attending weddings etc. This is non taxable income too. My aim is to have all my mortgage and utilities paid by my non taxable income so I can save 75% of my pay towards an investment property and find a single bubhub mum who would like to live there for the next 10 years. 😃
    Wow you are on the ball!! I'm completely envious! 😀

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Well done BbBbBh

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I need to join you guys too. I have been so lazy with my money lately.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamyMummy View Post
    Oh that's so exciting! Do you have a time frame ?

It's so hard isn't it, I find myself doing a lot of online shopping (nothing expensive but that's not the point) when I'm bored at night, it just seems to fill in some time, same with wandering the shops for something to do, I've been trying to switch lunch out with friends with going for a walk with them instead, it's a good way to get healthier too, I really need to.
    Haha that's me today!
    Dd is off to school shortly.. and I have nothing to do till 1pm.. Shopping temptation!
    I've found a book online that I want to read & im giving myself permission to buy it.. I'm breaking the rules already arnt I!.. ok hear me out. It's called 'it's my life now, starting over again after abusive relationships'. It's supposed to have practical activities in it aswell so I figured as its a self help book it should keep me occupied for hours & help the healing process..

Allowed?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Here's an idea for everyone!

When was the last time you had a clean out/garage sale?

List somethings online & either save the $ or use it to buy something you really need.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BerryDelicious View Post

List somethings online & either save the $ or use it to buy something you really need.
    Never. We donated everything we no longer wanted when we moved house.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BerryDelicious View Post

I think you are definitely allowed to buy that book! Sounds like a really good idea actually.

Pretty much most of my belongings are in storage so the thought of going through things is overwhelming, there is so much of it!

I'm going to avoid the shops this week, or try to anyway, I am going to celebrate my birthday this weekend though and that will cost me money no doubt.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DreamyMummy For This Useful Post:

BerryDelicious  (09-03-2015)

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I will join too. I ended febuary with zero saved. way too many bills in that month, would have been worse if hubby hadn't covered the washing machine repairs. next month I have my rego, so I must focus on savings. I have enough food to not need groceries this week, and I have sorted my grandchildren's easter presents. my youngest son will be 30 next month and I would like to give him something special. ? so I have to stay focused on saving money. marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm in!

We've just cut down our CS and health insurance.

Current outgoings- rent, health insurance, CS, mobiles, internet, groceries, DH's debts.
    Misc- presents (kids have lots of parties this month and they are all during our time??), anniversary celebration (cancelled- see presents), clothing, dental (my turn), optical (DH and kids).

DH is the worst... he loves ebay, and goes on it everyday. I do too, but I never buy anything (unless I have gone onto ebay specifically and found something)... whereas he buys DVDs, books, and music equipment regularly. About 10% of his wage is spent on this... irritating.

My entire wage is spent on groceries, part rent, and daily 'needs' for the kids (e.g. transport, drinks when out, etc).

I shop twice a week- when I finish a morning shift-and eat what we buy.
    Determined to spend $100 or less on groceries this week.