+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing, I have some serious bills to pay this month!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerFun View Post
    Subbing, I have some serious bills to pay this month!!
    So do I, I've actually divided the money I have left over the days I have left until pay day and each day that I don't spend anything I've been transferring that days "allowance" to one of my bills. I pay all bills when I get payed, so by the time that day comes to pay them all, I have reduced some of them by quite a lot just from transferring little bits regularly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamyMummy View Post
    Oh that's so exciting! Do you have a time frame ?

It's so hard isn't it, I find myself doing a lot of online shopping (nothing expensive but that's not the point) when I'm bored at night, it just seems to fill in some time, same with wandering the shops for something to do, I've been trying to switch lunch out with friends with going for a walk with them instead, it's a good way to get healthier too, I really need to.
    Hopefully 12 months. We have our eye on a certain block of land

Thanks
    Reviews
    speaking of bills... this month we have: 2x car rego, car insurance, car repayment, my uni textbooks, laptop for uni and saving for new bond for a rental. waaahhh

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MichelleClareBear View Post
    speaking of bills... this month we have: 2x car rego, car insurance, car repayment, my uni textbooks, laptop for uni and saving for new bond for a rental. waaahhh
    Ouch!! Can you sell anything that you don't use?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamyMummy View Post
    Ouch!! Can you sell anything that you don't use?
    I have sold a few things on ebay made $95. Hoping to sell my second pram and I have a heap of stuff to sell at a swapmeet when I get a chance to go

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sure. Back to work next month, 10 weeks early after a $5k vetbill chewed up all my maternity leave funds. And already work are having issues fitting me back in so i know ill probably only be getting my minimum 12 hours.
    Am trying to pay mortgage, pay bills, save for "random" stuff (at least thats what ive told DP) save for house renos and a new car and pay off that pesky credit card DP got. At this rate we'll have $5 left over after all that plus groceries 😓

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in - going on a 2 week holiday to visit my sister next month (will hopefully be doing a few day trips and tourist things), at the time of booking I didn't factor in I wouldn't have a job this year (my contract didn't get renewed end of last year)! Have to be very tight as I've just paid school fees and car rego!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default No spend March!

Can I join please?!

We are trying to move 600km north as well as buying my first car and I can't stay away from the clearance sales at the moment.

Might be able to if if accountable to people though!
    Last edited by ForeverMine; 08-03-2015 at 21:39.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ForeverMine For This Useful Post:

BerryDelicious  (09-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep I'm in. Without being a w**ker I'm the worlds best 'non spender'. I'm on free cycle and my local FB freebies page so I give my stuff and receive other people's. My ds and I made $300 this summer by taking the clippings off my neighbours frangipani tree when he prunes it every year. I also have 2 borders in my home that pay for 65% of my mortgage repayments and this is non taxable income (thanks ATO). The ATO lists other non taxable income ******s on their website so that might be worth checking out. Someone else put me onto a site where I can search for others in my area giving away/selling produce so I've just started trading my jars of organic roasted peanut butter and I'm going to have a go at making butter. In my area I can swap for eggs, lemongrass, chillis, lettuce, lemons, limes, honey and chestnuts. I also have a deal with a single dad who does my lawn edges and I make him batches of banana bread muffins and slices for his kids school lunches. He's servicing my lawn mower too. I trade 1 hour of babysitting per week with another mum who saves up her hours and I babysit her kids for 4 hours a month so she and her dh can have 'date night'. I would also like to set my ensuite bedroom up for weekend stays as the cheapest local hotel charges $240/night. I'd only do it when my kids are at their dads and I'd charge 200$ per night incl breakfast. I can advertise on air BnB and only accept older couples or people here attending weddings etc. This is non taxable income too. My aim is to have all my mortgage and utilities paid by my non taxable income so I can save 75% of my pay towards an investment property and find a single bubhub mum who would like to live there for the next 10 years. 😃

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BbBbBh For This Useful Post:

AngelicHobgoblin  (20-03-2015),Explora  (09-03-2015),KitiK  (09-03-2015),lilypily  (24-03-2015),mummyrissa  (09-03-2015),twolittlemunchkins  (08-03-2015)